Who doesn’t want sexy abs? It’s very nice to look at, whether you’re male or female!
If you want to get flat stomach then you’re about to learn some killer workouts that combine fat burning cardio with the moves that will help to target your entire core, then just individual muscles.
This will ensure that you burn more fat while you’re toning up. After doing these moves for about 2-3 weeks you’ll start to feel and see your abs emerging from the layer of fat they were hiding under!
For the maximum fat burning make sure to perform the exercises as a circuit.
For example, do one set of each exercise in the order shown below and then rest for 30 seconds between each exercises.
After completing the circuit, rest for one minute and then repeat the circuit from the beginning.
You can do up to three circuits for a workout session but it’s up to you and what your body is feeling on that particular day. It’s ideal though to do at least two circuits for maximum results.
Another thing you should do is warm-up for about 5 minutes before starting the moves as it will help to loosen up your muscles and get them ready for some intense workout.
The ab-tactic workouts for flat tummy
- Start with 6 reps and work up to 12 reps per workout.
- Make sure that you rest between each exercise and circuits to avoid quick burn out.
- To do some of these moves, you will need a piece of cloth or towel to slide on the floor. If you don’t have a wooden floor you can get a piece of cardboard box for sliding.
1. Sliding elevated bridges
- Get into the glutes bridge exercise position and put a piece of cloth or towel under both feet.
- Now raise your hips and slide both feet out and in 20 times.
- Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
2. The Side plank
- Start by lying on your right side with your legs straight.
- Then prop yourself up using your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line.
- Now reach out your left hand over your head, brace your abs and make sure to hold for 60 seconds.
- When doing this move, make sure your hips and knees stay off the floor.
3. The original plank
- For this one start at the top of a push-up position.
- Then bend your elbows and lower yourself down so that you can shift your weight from your hands to your forearms.
- By now your body should form a straight line so that you can brace your abs as if someone kicked you in the gut.
- Make sure you don’t drop your hips or raise your butt. Hold for 60 seconds and then release.
4. Lunge with the rotation
- Grab a 5 or 10 pound dumbbell with both hands, stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms should be straight out.
- Now take a big step forward using your left foot and make sure to brace your abs.
- Twist your torso the left as you bend your knees and gently lower your body until both legs form a perfect 90° angel.
- Now twist back to the center and push through your left foot and stand back up slowly. Repeat for the other leg.
5. Knee-up BRIDGES
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent.
- Rest your hands at the back of your head.
- Use your both legs to lift your body into the bridge position, so that you form a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Raise your left leg off the ground.
- Hold for two seconds and then return to the starting position. Do 10 to 15 reps on each side but make sure that it’s harder for each progressive repetition.