There’s just something really nice about rocking sleeveless tops and being confident about it!
The reality is that most women will start to see a bit more flab on the arms as they age.
But it doesn’t have to be that way, because if you do regular arm training you can maintain sexy lean arms.
Doing this 21 day arm fat challenge will help to build lean flab-free arms.
On top of that, you will be building a strong upper body which is key to your overall physical health.
Alot of women are afraid of strength training because they think their arms will become bulky but that’s very far from the truth.
In fact, if you’re not doing some form of strength training you find it harder to lose weight.
Yes, you can cardio but you need much more than that if you want to build the ultimate body.
So whether you want to lose the excess fat from your arms or just build stronger arms, this 21 day arm challenge will transform your upper body.
Don’t worry if you haven’t lifted a dumbbell before, these moves are quite easy to do and beginner friendly.
This challenge consists of three basic moves that will target every area of your arms.
So let’s dive into the 3 workouts that you will be doing for this arm fat challenge.
Note: For these exercises you can use dumbbells ranging from 10 to 20 pounds.
1. T-Side Lifts
This exercise will definitely work your arms, shoulder and even back muscles. When you’re performing this move make sure to contract your abdominal muscles so as to strengthen your core while working your arms.
How to do
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart and dumbbells in both hands beside your hips.
- Now slowly raise both arms to the side to form a “T”. Bring them up to shoulder height.
- Hold the position for 1 second and slowly lower them back into the original position.
- Do the required amount of reps as listed on the calendar.
2. One arm over
To perform this move you will need a chair so that you can sit down comfortably.
How to do it
- Get a chair and sit upright with your right arm bent at 90° behind your head.
- You’re going to straighten your arm as much as possible in the air above your head and hold the position for 1 second.
- Now slowly lower your arm back into the 90° bend angle behind your head and repeat.
- Do the required amount of reps listed for that particular day.
3. Tricep swing
Just a bit of warning, after you complete this exercise you’re going to feel the burn in your triceps and biceps.
This is a good sign because you’re basically working your triceps against gravity with controlled movements back-and-forth.
How to do it
- Get a chair or table and slightly bend your upper body 30° to the ground, using your left hand as support.
- You should have a dumbbell in your right hand curled up.
- Slowly straighten your right hand with the dumbbell way beyond your back as much as possible and hold the position for 1 second.
- Now move your right hand back into the original position and repeat.
- Do the required number of sets and reps as listed on the calendar below.
The 21 DAY arm fat challenge calendar
Benefits of doing this arm challenge
You’ll build well-coveted lean arm muscles
When a woman has firm sexy arms it’s something that you just have to take a look at.
It’s not bulky and it’s not too soft, just right there in the middle.
Doing cardio is very effective for losing weight but it’s not the best for burning fat and increasing lean muscle mass.
Whenever you lose weight by cardio alone you lose muscle and fat.
That’s why if you’re not strength training you’re actually slowing down your metabolism by losing lean muscle mass rather than putting them to work and toning them.
More muscle = Higher metabolic rate
When you have lean muscle mass, your body will automatically burn more calories even when you’re sleeping.
That’s why sleep is very important for any fitness regimen.
Doing this 21 day arm sculpting challenge will help you get your arms in good shape in terms of the right amount of muscular mass and density.
So basically, the more muscle you gain on your arms is the more fat you burn shed those flabs.
You burn a ton of calories during strength workout
Even though cardio is the king of calorie burn, you can still get even greater burn during a strength training session.
One super hack is to move faster between exercises and try not to rest for long periods during sets.
Reason for this is, you want to maintain and increase the intensity and calorie burn as much as possible for that workout session.
That’s where the magic happens!
Doing this will get the blood pumping which means greater need of fuel which leads to greater need for calories to burn.
Your pre and post workout diet is key
For you to maximize every workout session, you need to have enough energy. You will need to eat the right foods from carbs, proteins and fats. All of these food groups have their role to play.
To get more in-dept details on what you need to eat before and after your workout sessions, read this post => Pre and Post workout food list
Remember to pay attention to your nutrition. Doing that will reward your efforts.
Give this 21 day arm fat challenge a try
You won’t know until you give it a honest try. So download the Calendar to your phone and follow the plan, Eat right and rest. If you can do that, you will even start to notice changes as early as week 1.
But it depends on your effort and the amount of dedication you put towards it.
So start your journey towards getting sexy lean arms!
Oh by the way, don’t forget to repin on Pinterest! 🙂