Sometimes you have to change it up.
Just to keep things interesting.
Doing the same abs routine over and over can become boring.
That’s why you should always include variety in your workouts. This 6 minutes workout is going to help sculpt your abdominal region.
Want to get those sexy feminine ab muscles with smaller waist?
It’s time to get sweating.💦
Now there’s only one caveat.
If your body fat percentage is too high then you need to add at least 5 minutes of cardio to this routine.
Reason for this is that you cannot spot reduce, even if you’re doing the most effective ab workouts.
That being said, you will be given a super fat burning 5 minutes workout that you can do at home.
On the other hand, if you have a lower body fat percentage and just want to build your abdominal region, then you can just stick with the 6-minutes routine.
The flat belly & smaller waist workout Overview
There are 4 bodyweight workouts that you’ll be doing. You’re going to rest for 15 seconds in between each set.
The chart below will tell you how many sets of each you should do.
Now we’re going to dive into each workout and how you should do them properly.
Here we go🏁
1. Flutter Kicks
This workout will help you sculpt your lower abdominal region.
Ever wondered how those super models get that sexy v-shape in their abdominal area?
They spend a lot of time doing lower abs workouts like flutter kicks.
How to do it
- Lie on your back with both feet hovering in the air parallel to the ground.
- You can either start with your left or right foot.
- For example, lift the left leg upwards until it’s 90° to the ground.
- You’re going to lower it back to starting position while lifting your right leg.
- Perform the flutter motion alternately, while contracting your abs.
2. Reaching oblique crunch
One of the biggest mistakes persons make is not training their obliques.
Somehow they think it will make their love handle area look fatter.
But that is extremely far from the truth.
The oblique region has muscles that you must train, if you want to develop that small waistline.
How to do it
- Lie down on your back using both hands to support the back of your head.
- Now you’re going to use your right hand to reach around to your left hip.
- Hold the position for one second then return to position A.
- Do the same thing with your left hand touching the right side of your hip.
3. Russian twist
Important Note: If you have a back injury then avoid doing this workout.
This is probably the most famous workout in this routine. It’s very powerful for targeting your lower ab and obliques.
If you want to take things to the next level then you can add a 15 pound for more resistance.
But if you’re just starting out don’t use any weights as yet until you master all of the move.
How to do it
- Sit down on your glutes while leaning your upper body slightly backwards but not too far.
- Now you’re going to twist your upper body around to the right as far as possible while contracting your abs.
- Then twist around to the left while still maintaining the contraction in your abs.
4. Pilates leg pulls
Not only will you be working the abdominal region but the upper body will also benefit from this exercise.
How to do it
- Start by sitting down on the ground, legs close together and palms flat on the ground and turned in the opposite direction to your legs.
- Use both hands to raise your lower body off the ground.
- You can start by lifting your right or left leg upwards until it’s 90 degrees to the ground.
- Alternate both legs and make sure that your abs are contracted during the motion.
6 MINUTE FLAT BELLY & SMALLER WAIST WORKOUT CHART
Getting the most out of this 6 minutes workout
When you’re doing short workouts you want to keep the rest times as short as possible to keep up the intensity.
In this case, you’ll be taking 15 seconds of rest in between each set.
On the chart above, it says you should do 2 sets of each for 30 seconds.
When you complete the first set you’re going to rest for 15 seconds then move on to doing it again for 30 seconds.
Do that until you complete the whole routine.
This might seem hard but if you do this consistently you’re going to definitely feel and see the changes.
Yes, you could categorize this as a HIIT workout.
You’re burning tons of calories and shaping up your whole abdominal region.
Which cardio routine should I add?
The reason for adding cardio to the 6-minute routine is to increase your calorie burn.
So that you will burn more fat.
This will work extremely well for persons who have a higher body fat percentage.
In the video below, you will see the 5 minute calorie burning workout that you can do after completing this routine.
Don’t forget diet
Remember, none of this will make any sense if you’re not eating right.
To make your life much easier you can follow this 7 day weight loss meal plan.
If you can do that and perform this workout at least 4-5 times a week you are going to see amazing results.
It’s time to give it a try!
It all comes down to you.
Only you can take action and make it happen.
So what you can do now is pin this to your favorite Pinterest board so that you can access it easily.
And share it with your friends, so that you guys can do it together and challenge yourselves.