So you noticed that your butt started to look toned and curvier doing some bodyweight exercises.
Even your friends are noticing the change in your butt.
And you are proud of your hard work.
But let’s say you want to take it to the next level by getting even more glutes mass.
Then you’re going to find this post very helpful because the next step is critical.
That next step is booty strength training.
You’re going to learn 3 beginner friendly strength training butt exercises that can help to grow your glutes even bigger and curvier.
These 3 workouts will require dumbbells and a barbell, and these can be easily accessed at any gym.
So without further ado, let’s dive right into the workouts.
1. Barbell squat
When it comes on to strength training for your butt, barbell squats are very powerful.
This move targets almost every muscle in your body because your upper body, core and lower body all have to be fully engaged during the range of motion.
However, your glutes and thighs will feel it the most, which is where you want the weight to be concentrated.
How to do it
- Make sure to start with your feet under the bar with your hands in position.
- Now get under the bar and go into the high-bar position.
- Make sure that your chest is up and elbows are down.
- Take a deep breath in and hold.
- You’re going to slowly lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Hold position for one second then slowly stand up to the original position and repeat.
- You can do 3 sets of 15 reps.
2. One legged bridge with dumbbell
This exercise will target your glutes mainly, but your thighs will also benefit from the movement.
How to do it
- Lie down on your back with a dumbbell resting on top of your pelvic with both hands holding it.
- Your right foot should be flat on the ground while your left leg should be extended 30° to the ground.
- Now you’re going to use your right foot to push your hip up as far as possible.
- Hold position for one second then go back into the original position and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps for each leg.
3. Flat leg lift with dumbbell
After doing this unique booty workout you’re going to the feel the burn! 🔥
Even though you’ll be lying down in a comfortable position, this move will test the strength of your glutes.
But don’t worry, it will pay off because doing this exercise will strengthen and stimulate your butt growth.
Note: Use a dumbbell ranging between 10-15 pounds.
How to do it
- Lay down flat on your belly as if you’re about to take a swim.
- For your left leg put a dumbbell between your hamstring and hold it by squeezing with your calves.
- Now you’re going to slowly raise your left leg as far as possible up in the air.
- Hold position for one second and slowly return back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps each leg
Why you should take strength training seriously
You will have a better posture
As our society advances, most of us spend our days sitting, which is a bad thing.
But you don’t have to be a part of that statistic because if you strength train regularly it prevents you from having shortened hip flexors, tight hamstrings and glutes that forget how to activate properly.
What happen also is that when you sit with bad posture it causes you to forward-tilt which pushes out your abdomen that creates the illusion of a big belly, even when you don’t have excess belly fat.
Prevents injury and reduces pain
When you have some strong glutes it supports your lower back perfectly. But when they aren’t strong enough to perform their hip extension function, it can result in back pain and other health issues.
If the glutes aren’t doing their job then “helper” muscles will take over which weren’t made for that function.
Those “helper” muscles will become over-stressed which results in pain and compression of your lumbar spine, knees and hips.
That’s why it’s very critical to engage in strength training regularly, even when you’re doing bodyweight workouts.
You’re athletic performance will improve significantly
In case you didn’t know, your glute is one of the most powerful muscles on your body and that can generate enormous amount of power.
This power can be translated into speed, acceleration, endurance and vertical jumps.
If you’re not training to be an athlete you should try to emulate that lifestyle as much as possible to maximize your body’s power.
Your bone density will increase
As you age your bone will start to deteriorate which could lead to osteoporosis.
But that process can be reversed by engaging in regular strength training. When you place mechanical stress on your bones they will adapt to the intensity and increase in strength.
You will lose weight much faster
This is what many people don’t know.
Cardio is very effective for weight loss but doing it alone isn’t enough. Doing too much cardio and no strength training will result in muscle loss.
When you strength train your body it builds muscle which results in faster metabolism. This means that even when you’re not exercising, your muscles will still burn calories from stored fat.
Actually, you should do both. So you can start the workout session by doing strength training and then finish with cardio.
Or whatever works best for you, but the idea is for you to combine both types of workouts to maximize fat burning and build lean muscle.
Give them a try!
Lifting weights can be a bit intimidating for some but the best way to approach it is to start slow and progress.
Include these workouts in your butt workout session and you will start to notice the difference in increased muscle mass of your glutes.
Want The Biggest & Roundest Glutes YOUR Body Can Naturally Produce?
Checkout our Glutes Factory 2.0 strength training program designed to maximize your gains in the shortest time possible.
See it => Here
Oh by the way, please share on this Pinterest! 🙂