Last Updated on September 4, 2019 by Femniqe
Having sleek-toned shoulders is definitely a show stopper, especially when you wear a sexy strapless dress that leave them bare for admiration.
It’s a good feeling. But it’s easy to ignore this part of the body.
When you have lean sexy shoulder contours, it can transform the whole look of your physique.
If you want to have sexy sleek shoulders then you have to pay more attention to them during your workout sessions.
Your shoulders are really a small part of your body so it’s understandable why most people never devote an entire workout just for them.
But where is the shoulder exactly?
Without getting into the names of the actual muscles – the top of your arms along the base of your neck, that is what constitutes as your shoulders.
However, for some it’s the upper back where your shoulder blades are. So it should be a part of your body that you want to pay attention to and shape up.
In the post you’re going to learn three shoulder workouts for women that helps tone the whole upper body region.
Warm up before you start
This is very important. Before you do any workout, whether it’s shoulder or otherwise, you must ensure that you warm up first.
Spend 5 minutes to do some general cardio warm-up as this will help to get your heart rate elevated, pumping blood to your muscles and connective tissues.
So there’s jogging, butt kicks or high knees, just choose a soft cardio that you enjoy the most and do it as a warm-up.
These workout also require 8 to 10 pound dumbbells. Weight training is the best way to tone any part of your body.
So don’t be afraid to lift a little weight as it will give you a more toned, sculpted and overall sexy physique.
Note: Use 8 to 10 pound dumbbell for these exercises for maximum benefit.
So let’s get into it!
1. Full circles
- Stand shoulder width apart holding the dumbbells in both hands at hip height.
- Raise both arms in a circular motion as if you want to connect them over your head.
- Hold position for one second then slowly lower them back to the starting position and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
2. Up rows
- Stand shoulder width apart while holding both dumbbells down at hip height.
- Make sure your knuckles are facing the ground while holding the dumbbells.
- Now you’re going to slowly lift until you reach neck height, hold for 1 second and slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
3. SIDE OPENS 180 DEGREES
- Stand shoulder-width apart holding both dumbbells parallel to the ground at chest height.
- You’re going to slowly widen both hands apart as far as possible and hold for one second.
- Slowly move them back into the starting position and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
Something to bear in mind
Remember that no specific workout will burn fat in a targeted area of your body as it’s impossible to spot reduce.
That’s why you have to combine these workouts with a cardio session after, to increase your calorie burn.
You’ll still tone your arms and shoulders but if you have excess fat then you have to include cardio in your session.
Losing weight is a whole body activity and spot reduction is nothing more than a fitness myth.
Burning fat from shoulders as much as possible
Whenever you want to target a particular body part there’s a proper way to do it in order to maximize your results.
- Do a full body workout first and make sure to exhaust all the energy you can throw at it.
- Then pick one body part per workout to concentrate on. In this case, it would be your shoulders and arms, so you can do the exercises mentioned above.
When you do this you will benefit from functional recall that burns tons of calories and increases your overall strength.
Doing this routine will produce results much faster.
Here’s a good example
Full body workout routine
Burpee (do 3 sets of 15 reps)
Mountain climbers (do 3 sets of 15 reps)
When you complete that routine, do the shoulder workouts listed above.
Cardio + Strength training = Faster results
Majority of women working hard in the gym are expecting to lose body fat while maintaining and building lean muscle.
And that’s a good expectation as long as you’re doing the right combination of workouts.
If you’re looking to cut fat, what you need to do is religiously combine cardio and strength training.
The example given above is a good one.
Because after you do the full body workout, which is basically cardio, you then transition into lifting weights using dumbbells.
Give these a try!
You have nothing to lose, except fat, if you do this correctly.
So make sure you eat healthy and combine cardio with the weight training. You will not only tone your shoulders, but the whole upper body.