Last Updated on March 20, 2023 by Femniqe
Want your upper glutes to have that nice curvy lift?
This 6 minutes workout will help.
When you’re training the glutes always try to hit all areas. Remember that it’s made up of groups of muscles.
The gluteus maximus, minimus and medius.
However, the gluteus maximus makes up most of the upper and lower portion of your buttocks. In other words, it’s the largest part of your glutes.
With this 6 minutes upper butt workout you’re going to hit all of those areas.
This routine is the perfect finisher to add to your current butt workout.
When you work these muscles, it will lift your buttocks and give it that sexy curvy look.😉
The Upper Glutes Workout Overview
All of these 4 exercises will absolutely stimulate your gluteal muscles for growth.
For one of the exercises you will need a pair of 10-20 pound dumbbell for extra resistance. As always, a chart will be given below showing the amount of sets for each exercises.
It’s a timed workout, so make sure that you have a stopwatch ready.
So let’s get started!🏁
1. Kneeling squat
Not your average butt workout.
This one absolutely takes things to the next level for your glutes. You’ll basically be starting off in a new position, going up vertically.
How to do it
- Get into the kneeling position holding both dumbbells on your shoulders.
- Your glutes should be resting on your feet while in the sitting position.
- Now you’re going to push your body upwards while contracting the glutes tight as possible.
- Hold the straightened position for one second and return to the starting position.
- When in the straightened position make sure to keep your glutes tight.
- Do it at a steady pace to increase intensity.
2. Single leg pumps
This workout will take you out of your comfort zone.
You’ll be using the power of legs to launch your lower body in mid air, while in the bridge position. It might sound hard but it isn’t, as long as you have the correct form.
Remember that you want to hit those upper glutes hard.
That’s how you will see results.
How to do it
- Lie down on your back with your left foot flat on the ground and the right leg slightly bent in mid air.
- Use your left foot to launch your lower body off the ground as high as possible.
- Contract your glutes hard when launching off the ground.
- After you do the required time for the left leg, it’s time to do the right leg.
3. Bounce butt squeezes
Squeezing your glutes will always work.
Especially, when you contract them as hard as possible. You can use an exercise ball for this workout.
If you don’t have one, use the edge of your bed. It will still provide the bouncing motion.
How to do it
- Lie face down on the exercise ball – it should be positioned at your lower abdominal region so that your legs can be bent at 90 degrees.
- Now contract your glutes to lift the legs as high as possible, release contraction and return to position A.
- Do many as possible within the specified time frame for each set.
4. Reverse lunge with dumbbells
You should know this workout.
It’s quite popular. This is definitely one of the ultimate workouts to hit those upper glutes.
All of your gluteal muscles will work harder during motion because of the extra resistance provided by the dumbbells.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart holding both dumbbells at your hip.
- You’re going to do a reverse lunge starting with either left or right feet.
- Do them alternately.
- Make sure your knee hovers above the ground when entering the lunge position.
The 6 Minute Upper Glutes Workout Routine Chart
(Rest 15 seconds in between each set)
Remember to keep proper form
You can’t ignore this.
Always pay attention to your form when doing any form of training. Your form absolutely makes a ton of difference and gets you great results.
See The Upper Glutes Exercises in Action Below
Target your upper glutes with this workout!
When it comes down to training your glutes always push yourself to go as hard as possible.
The gluteus maximus is very strong so you must challenge it.
But all of your effort will go to waste, if you don’t eat right. Whatever training that you do always have the nutrition to support it.
Make sure to check out this guide for some of the best foods, you should include in your daily diet.
Now go ahead and add this upper glutes workout to your current training.
You’re going to definitely feel and see the difference in your glutes.🍑