Last Updated on January 18, 2023 by Femniqe
You’ll definitely unlock your glutes in the next 8 minutes with this routine.
This works extremely well especially, for persons who haven’t done any glutes training before.
For beginners you can start with this routine to wake up those dormant glutes.
The Unlock Your Glutes Workout Overview
For this routine you’ll start off with a type of stretch that will unlock not only your glutes but also your hip flexors.
If you’re not sure about what hip flexors are make sure to check out this guide.
Stretching is very critical for glute growth and you must do it before doing any type of workout sessions.
In fact, for any type of training you should do a good stretch.
By giving the glutes a good stretch you’ll be able to relieve tight muscles and become more flexible so that you can maximize your performance during your workout.
The stretch will be followed by four other workouts that will target all the gluteal muscles.
You won’t need any weights until you’re ready for it.
For now let’s keep it simple.👍
A workout chart will be provided below with a video illustrating the workouts.
Okay let’s get started!🏁
1. Locked Stretch
Remember that you want to fire up your glutes before actually hitting them with more intense workouts.
This stretch is one of the best for loosening up those glutes and tight hip flexors.
How to do it
- Get in the position A as shown in the image above.
- You can start with your left leg by slightly pulling (not too hard to cause an injury).
- Hold the position for the recommended times on the chart below then release.
- Now go ahead and do the other leg.
2. Bent Leg Kickback Squeeze
When you’re doing this workout make sure that you’re squeezing those glutes as if you have a $100 bill in between them.
When you do this you’re firing up your glutes and stimulating it for muscle hypertrophy (increase in muscle size).
Plus, you can do it on your bed or on the edge of a bench.
How to do it
- Get into position A as demonstrated in the image above on either your bed or a bench.
- You’re going to slowly lift both legs upwards as if you want your heels to go into your back.
- In that position you’re going to squeeze as hard as possible for 2-3 seconds then go back down.
- That completes one rep and repeat.
Note: If you have a resistance band you can add it as shown in the image. This will provide extra resistance for more muscle challenge.
3. Extended Side Kicks
Not to scare you but after you complete the first rep your glutes will start to cry out.😉
And with glutes training that’s a good thing. If you’re not feeling your glutes being fired up during a butt workout then you’re doing something wrong.
This move combines upward and lateral move that will efficiently hit all the gluteal muscles.
How to do it
- Get into position A starting with your left leg in the air above parallel.
- Now slowly move it into the lateral position as shown in position B, hold for one second then return to position A.
- That completes one rep and repeat for the specified reps as shown on the chart below.
4. Donkey Kick Pulses
Another glute activation workout that will absolutely fire up those dormant glutes.
How to do it
- Get into to position A as shown in the image above.
- You can start with your left leg by performing a double kick upwards.
- Perform the recommended reps on the chart below then move on to the right leg.
5. One Legged Lunge Kickback
When you’re performing this workout you can hold on to a chair or table to help stabilize your body.
Or if you have good balance you don’t have to.
The goal of this workout is to actively work your glutes and thighs simultaneously.
Not only that but you also give those hamstrings a good workout.
How to do it
- Stand only on your left leg and right leg extended back as shown in position A.
- After maintaining good balance you’re going to slowly kickback as far as possible and hold for one second then return to starting point and repeat.
- Perform the recommended reps on each leg shown on the chart below.
The 8 Minute Unlock Your Glutes Workout Chart
How To Use This Glute Unlocking Workout
If you have more than 8 minutes to spare then it’s recommended to do the whole circuit two times for maximum glute pump.
Another way to use this workout is to add it as a starter and finisher to your weight training sessions.
Whichever option you choose you’ll experience a glute pump like never before!
Another thing to keep in mind is that your glutes can manage high frequency training.
Meaning you can do it even up to 6 times per week.
But that’s not recommended as it’s not sustainable for the average person.
Three times a week is more than enough to stimulate glute growth while using the other days for recovery and repair.
SEE THE WORKOUTS IN ACTION
The Best Diet To Unlock Your Glutes
Most persons train their glutes to grow it bigger, rounder and lifted.
For that to happen, you have to eat more calories to sustain muscle growth.
Not just any type of calories, you want to consume healthy nutrient-dense calories from wholesome foods.
A lot of persons make the mistake of eating junk food thinking that it grows their glutes.
If you take that approach you will just basically gain fat in unwanted places like your stomach, waist, back and thighs.
Here’s a meal plan, you can use as a guide or follow.
It has all the necessary macros to grow your glutes. Don’t complicate your diet, keep it simple.
If you’re vegan you can use this meal plan.
Use This Workout To Unlock And Grow Your Glutes
There you have it, a 8 minutes glutes unlocking workout that will take your training to the next level.
You can add ankle weights to the Extended Side Kicks and One Legged Lunge Kickback for extra resistance.
Remember, by adding weights you’ll be stimulating your glutes for more growth and mass.
Now go ahead and give it a try!👍