There's no better time to do a 30 day muffin top challenge than now!
It's the start of a new month and you'll want to get rid of your muffin top efficiently!
Even if you're reading this and it's not the start of a new month, do not put it off, you can always start on any Monday.
This challenge might seem overwhelming for some of you, but it's not until you actually try something new, that you'll realize it's not as bad as it looks.
For this 30 day muffin top exercise plan, you will be required to do only three types of exercises.
There's no need for any type of complicated movements and different variations.
So before we go into this muffin top challenge, let's break down the three exercises that you will be doing so you have a clear understanding.
1. Side plank
- Make sure to lie on your right side in a straight line from head to feet, resting on your forearm.
- Your elbow should be positioned directly under your shoulder while your abdominal muscles are contracted with hips lifted off the floor.
- Now hold this position for 20 to 40 seconds and then lower your body.
2. Russian twists
- For this move sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels are grounded.
- Now gently lean back so your torso is at 45 degree angle to the floor but make sure to keep your spine straight and not curved.
- Extend your arms out in front of you.
- Now you will raise your core and slowly rotate your arms and upper body round to the right as far as you can, then pause for a second and reverse the movement all the way around to the left as far as possible.
- That completes one rep.
3. Bicycle crunch
- Sit on your glutes with your body at a 45 degrees angle.
- Now put your hands behind your head but bring your left knee in towards your right elbow while straightening your right leg.
- Now you will switch sides and do the same movement on the other side to complete one rep.
THE 30 DAY MUFFIN TOP CHALLENGE CALENDAR
TIPS FOR FASTER RESULTS
1.Throw away the soda
It has been said 1 million times and we will keep saying it.
If you are drinking any type of soda, even if it's diet or fruit flavored drinks, you must stop right now.
This is one of the worst things you can do for your waistline, and because of the high sugar content and empty calories you will just gain fat.
When you consume a lot of sugar consistently you will gain a lot of weight.
So having one occasionally will not kill you but you want to maximize your results over the next 30 days therefore, say no to soda.
The ultimate substitute for soda is good old plain water.
But you don't have to drink plain water, you can spice it up by infusing it by adding mint, lemon, green tea or any type of fruit that you love.
Start drinking fruit infused water and you'll realize how soda loses its appeal.
2. Stay away from processed junk
Even the actual muffin itself is packed with a lot of processed calorie packed ingredients like sugar, trans-fat and preservatives that are made straight from out of a science lab.
These are the classic flat belly killers!
You want to get rid of muffin top and regain your waistline so you have to stay clear of prepackaged foods like cakes, donuts, biscuits, ready-made dinners and any type of junk food that may tempt you over the next 30 days.
Now, it doesn't mean you will completely avoid them for the rest of your life, it's just that with a 30 day muffin top challenge you do want to maximize your results.
As you go along this 30 day muffin top exercise plan, make sure to treat or reward yourself for sticking to it as it will help to motivate you as you go along.
Treat yourself to a fruit snack or something healthy that will help to bring you closer to your goal.
3. Watch out for your Hormones
Here's a reality check. If your hormones are out of balance then this can be bad news for your waistline.
One of the biggest culprits for muffin top is insulin, which is a hormone that brings glucose into your body cells.
The point i,s if your diet is high in refined carbohydrates it can lead to increased levels of insulin which results in more fat storage on your hips and tummy.
So how do you fix it?
It's simple, just eat smart and more frequently. Avoid eating refined carbs and eat foods that are rich in fiber, protein and minerals.
It's not complicated, all you need to do is make the smarter healthier food choices.
So if you have a choice between eating a slice of cake or fruit salad then you know which one you have to choose.
4. Stay fuller for longer
Now it's obvious that you won't lose muffin top by just eating salads and carrot sticks.
Even though they're healthy they won't keep you filled for an extended time.
You want to eat foods that will help to keep you full for longer periods which will decrease your cravings.
So what you want to do is go for lean protein and fiber rich foods that are mixed with vegetables like lettuce or spinach leaves.
Fiber does a very good job at keeping you filled while protein helps to build muscles which will boost your metabolism.
For protein rich foods, you can try tuna in spring-water, lean ham, turkey, eggs, salmon or goats cheese.
Fiber rich foods you can eat are walnuts, mushrooms, oats, carrot, cucumbers, lentils and quinoa.
Let's not forget that losing your muffin top basically means losing weight, which is why it's very important for you to control the size of meal that you eat.
You don't necessarily have to monitor your caloric intake like a hawk but you can use one of those calorie counting apps that makes it easier for you to track.
5. Do a little cardio every week
You can do moderate cardio which include anything from walking briskly, jogging, bicycling, swimming and even hiking.
The point is to keep yourself active throughout the time frame by choosing your favorite high cardio activity.
6. Get enough sleep
If you're a night owl then you might need to make some changes because if you're not getting enough sleep it can negatively affect your hunger and stress regulating hormones, which can sabotage your weight loss goals.
Plus, it will cause you to end up getting fat around your waistline.
Getting at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep each night will help to limit the production of the stress hormone called cortisol which triggers uncontrollable cravings.
So make sure to set an alarm to alert you when you need to go to sleep.
so just to recap
- Make sure to change your diet and eat fewer calories and swap out high calorie foods for better and nutritious foods.
- Limit high sugar foods such as donuts, cookies and soda. Go for vegetables, fruits and high protein foods.
- Don't starve yourself as that will not help.
- When you're eating, take your time to chew your food and don't swallow everything at once as that makes it harder for your system to metabolize the food.
- Watch out for stress and avoid any type a stressful situation.
- Stick to the exercise plan and don't skip any of the routines as they're all vital to losing the muffin top.
- Drink a lot of water, this will help to flush out toxins and boost your weight-loss results!
It's time to start the 30 day muffin top challenge
It's good that you're taking on this challenge as it will not only help to get rid of muffin top, but it also builds your mental stability and strength because that's what it takes achieve anything in life.
So go ahead and don't give up.