So you have to rush to work or school in the morning. But you want to squeeze in a few minutes to hit the glutes and abs.
What are you going to do?
Well, if you want to maximize just 12 minutes of solid workout, this plan is perfect for you.
Hard-hitting butt and ab workout that will give results IF done consistently.
And you can do this right in the comfort of your home without using any weights or equipment.
The Butt and Abs Workout Overview
You'll be doing six separate workouts.
Three will be hitting your entire abdominal section while the other two will target all of the gluteal muscles.
Some HIIT is involved to help increase your overall calorie burn.
Remember that you don't have a lot of time, so keep rest time between 10 to 20 seconds.
You'll be able to increase the intensity of your workout and get even better results. The shorter your rest times the more energy demand to keep up that intensity.
As always, you'll be given a workout chart below showing the sets and reps for each exercise.
Below let's break down each exercise so that you do them correctly.
Proper form is very important so don't take it lightly.
Let's get started! 🏁
1. Low Legs Switches + Floor Taps
Your core and lower abs are going to feel this one.
For some reason a lot of persons forget to train the lower abs and core.
Most focus on the upper section.
Look, if you want to get the best looking abs and slim waist, you have to train every single muscle in your midsection.
It's like the guys at the gym who spend 90% of their time training their upper body and skipping leg day.
Then end up with thick upper body and toothpick legs that look like they're about to break under the pressure of the upper body.
We all know how stupid that looks. 😉
So if you're training a section of your body, always take a wholesome approach.
How to do it
- Get into the core freeze position as demonstrated in the image above, lying on your back and legs bent with calves parallel to the ground.
- Slowly lower your right leg so that the heel touches the ground for a second while the left knee moves towards your chest.
- Alternate legs for the recommended amount of time for each set.
Note: Go at a slow and controlled pace. Breathe properly during movement.
2. Cross Mountain Climbers
This HIIT workout is a must do if your goal is to develop slim waistline and flat tummy.
It engages a lot of muscles in your upper body, therefore it will boost your calorie burn.
How to do it
- Get into the elevated plank position as shown in the image above, both hands flat on the ground shoulder-width apart and both legs close together.
- Start the running motion with your left leg by bringing it up to your right shoulder.
- Do the same thing with your right leg and alternate for the recommended time.
Note: Keep your abdominals tightened throughout the movement.
3. Single Leg Pumps
Now we're entering the glute building section of the routine.
Absolutely one of the BEST butt workouts to bring your glutes to fatigue very fast! By the time you finish the first set of this exercise your glutes should be on fire.
That's a good thing because the glute is one of the strongest and biggest muscle in your body.
It takes more effort to fatigue.
Remember that fatiguing a muscle is a sign that tiny tears have occurred in the muscle fibers.
Which means they're ready to repair, rebuild and most of all GROW with nutrition.
Don't leave the nutrition part out, you will end up wasting your time.
More on that later.
How to do it
- Get into starting position A, lying on your back, left foot flat on the ground and right leg extended upwards.
- Now use your left foot to power your lower body towards your chest as shown in position B.
- Repeat the required amount of reps as shown on the chart below for each leg.
Note: Keep your stomach tightened throughout the movement.
4. Bounce Butt Squeezes
You may not have seen this before but this is a workout you should be doing for hitting those upper glutes.
Even if you don't have an exercise ball you can use the edge of your bed.
When you're performing this exercise make sure to squeeze your glutes on each rep.
Create a mind-to-muscle connection with your glutes and make sure that you're feeling it on every single rep.
No doing just blast reps, instead, perform them at a controlled pace.
This leads to better results in terms of glute gains.
Note: If you have a dumbbell, add it to this move if you want to challenge those glutes even more.
How to do it
- Get into starting position A demonstrated above, resting your lower body on the exercise ball or the edge of your bed.
- Now slowly create a bouncing motion to lift your legs as high as possible upwards, clenching your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Repeat the required amount of reps shown on the chart below.
- A workout video will be provided below demonstrating each of these exercises so you have a better visual.
5. Jumping Jack Crunch
Finishing off the routine is a HIIT/cardio move that will help to drain every bit of energy you have left for that 12 minutes.
It's a slight variation on the typical jumping jacks.
In this workout, you will be able to engage your core and obliques much better.
How to do it
- Stand straight in the starting position as demonstrated in the image above.
- Start performing a jumping jack, doing a crunch to your left, do the jumping jack again performing a crunch on your right.
- Alternate the crunch on each side after each jumping jack.
- You'll be able to see how to perform this exercise in the video below so make sure to watch it.
THE 12 MINUTE BUTT AND AB WORKOUT CHART
See ALL The Workouts Demonstrated Below
Try This Glutes and Ab Workout!
So the next time you're rushing out in the morning but want to get a good workout in those short minutes you can use this routine.
One last thing, don't be afraid to add a dumbbell or any kind of weight to the single leg pumps.
That will force your glutes to grow bigger and rounder when done consistently.
Don't forget to share this with your friends! 👍