Lower belly fat is extremely stubborn!
That's a fact, especially for us women.
But there's a light at the end of the tunnel because you can definitely get a flat lower belly with sculpted obliques.
If you're struggling with lower belly fat then you need to add this 10-minute workout to your routine.
THE LOWER BELLY & SLIM WAIST WORKOUT OVERVIEW
You'll be doing 4 different workouts all targeting the lower abdominal region, obliques and core.
To be completely honest, after you complete this workout your entire midsection is going to be on fire.
You'll be given a workout chart below that shows the amount of sets and time asigned for each.
So make sure to get your stopwatch or open up the one on your smartphone.
Okay, let's go ahead and dive into the workouts.
1. Side oblique bends
As the name suggests you'll be hitting your obliques very efficiently.
The good thing about this workout is that you don't have to worry about the obliques getting overdeveloped or bulky.
That would only happen if you're using weights with progressive overload.
How to do it
- Lie down on either your left or right side.
- If you're starting on the right side make sure that your right hand is supporting your head and left hand is extended in front of you as shown in the image above.
- Slowly lift both legs sideways while tightening your oblique muscles, pause one second then release.
- Do the required amount of sets on each side.
Note: When lifting your legs make sure to tighten your oblique muscles as much as possible. Feel the tension and burn on each rep.
If you haven't danced before and then this is your chance. 🙂
You'll be doing a move that is similar to break dancing.
This workout not only works your whole abdominal section but it's a full body fat burner!
How to do it
- Get into the plank position as shown in the image above.
- Now use your right foot to kick to the left while using your right hand to support your upper body.
- Return to the starting position and do the same for the left side and repeat.
3. Pass Pike
This workout isn't popular but it's super effective for targeting the lower belly and obliques all at the same time.
Your whole midsection is going to feel the challenge with this one.
Remember, we're here to take our bodies out of its comfort zone to reach its maximum potential.
So don't be afraid of unique and challenging workouts like these.
How to do it
- Get into the one foot plank stance as shown in position A.
- Use your right foot to support your lower body and left foot bent at about 30 degrees to the ground.
- Now slowly lift your left bent leg sideways until it's parallel to the ground.
- Slowly return to position A then move into position C creating a V-shape with your body.
- After holding position C for one second, get back to the starting position A and repeat.
Note: Take your time when performing this workout and master the move. Always try to keep a moderate pace without going too fast.
4. KNEELING STABILITY BALL ROLLS
Without a doubt, one of the best core activating workouts to fire up your deep abdominal muscles.
If you're looking for another workout accessory to invest in then you need to get an exercise ball.
The good thing that they are super cheap and you can get them at your local fitness store or even on Amazon.
Adding this one accessory to your ab workouts will take your whole midsection to the next level.
How to do it
- Get into the kneeling position with your hands on the ball as shown in position A.
- You're going to slowly roll the ball using your upper body while tightening your core until you feel a full stretch in the midsection.
- Hold the position for one second then slowly return to position A rolling the ball backwards then repeat.
THE 10 MINUTE LOWER ABS & OBLIQUE WORKOUT CHART
ADDING HIIT/CARDIO FOR MORE FAT LOSS
Now, if you have more than 10 minutes to spare here is what you can do.
To add more calorie burn to this workout you can combine it with either of the following routines:
You can do the routine two to three times to get the maximum calorie burn out of it.
Remember, the goal is to burn as much calories within one session.
“How many times a week should I do this?”
Three to four times a week is more than sufficient.
Just make sure you give it everything during each workout session. Try avoid distractions and focus 100% on the workouts.
Keep your rest time short and push your body to the limit.
That's how you'll get the best out of every workout session taking you closer the your fitness goal.
Give this lower belly and slim waist workout a try!
With all of this being said, none of it will work if you're eating too much calories daily.
It's just not possible!
You have to burn more calories than you eat daily in order to lose body fat.
Follow an effective weight loss meal plan that will help you get a smaller waistline and get rid of lower belly fat.
Here's a Monday-Sunday meal plan that you can follow to help you reach this fitness goal.
If you're a vegan you can follow this meal plan.
Now go ahead and start shredding stubborn lower belly fat and sculpt that sexy waistline.
You can do it! 🙂