You have to give them some attention as most of us are guilty of neglecting them.
We're talking about those calf muscles.
It's easy to forget them.
But today that will change, as you're going to get a 10 minutes calf exercise routine that will chisel and tone them.
Yes, squats and other lower body workouts will work the calf muscles.
But sometimes you have to do isolated workouts to target them better.
The calf workout routine overview
A calf workout like this you should do only once per week in conjunction with other lower body workouts.
You don't want to end up overworking them.
Now, this workout routine uses 4 different workouts that target the calf muscles.
And they do so very efficiently.
Here's all you would need:
- A pair of 10 pound dumbbells.
- And the chair or bench to sit on.
I can guarantee you that after this calf workout routine, your calf muscles are going to feel and look different.
Also, bear in mind this is a timed workout not repetition based.
You can use the stopwatch app that comes on your phone.
A chart will be given to you below showing you the sets and a specific time assigned to each.
Now let's go ahead and break down your workout.
Here we go!🏁
1. Seated Calf Raises
It might sound comfortable but not for your calves. 😉
A workout should not be comfortable, it should challenge you.
And take you out of the comfort zone.
This workout will use both dumbells to add extra resistance to the move.
How to do it
- Sit down on the edge of a chair or bench holding both dumbells with both hands on top of each knee.
- Both feet should be flat on the ground.
- Now you're going to slowly raise both heels as high as possible and hold for 1 second.
- Then return to position A and repeat.
2. Stair Calf Raises
This one is quite easy to do but yet challenging.
All you need is the edge of a step.
It will give your calf muscles the stretch that it needs to develop that sexy chiseled look, that full range of motion and also work the hamstrings.
How to do it
- Stand on the edge of a step as shown in position A.
- You're going to slowly move up to position B, pause for 1 second then return to position A.
- Moving between position A to B is one rep.
3. Lunge Calf Raises
This one is quite different and more challenging for a good reason.
Not only will it work the calves, but also your quads, hamstrings and glutes.
It's a compound exercise which means combining more than one workouts into one.
How to do it
- Get into the lunge position as shown in position A holding one dumbbell with hands under your chin.
- Slowly raise the front heel (right or left) as shown in position B, pause for one second then return to position A.
- Make sure to do both calves as directed on the chart below.
4. Weighted Calf Raises
A calf workout in its simplest form.
Very effective and powerful for developing well toned calves.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart holding both dumbbells on each side of your hips as shown in position A.
- Slowly raise both heels as high as possible and hold for 1 second as shown in position B.
- Return to position A and repeat.
THE 10 MINUTE CALF EXERCISE ROUTINE CHART
Will using weights cause my calves to become bulky?
Short answer is no, and here's why.
This workout routine doesn't use progressive overload.
Remember, you'll be using only 10 pound dumbbells, don't go heavier than that.
And unless you're taking steroids then you have nothing to worry about. 😉
The low testosterone levels in women is not enough to stimulate those type of big muscle gains.
So don't worry, this routine was designed to tone and sexify your calves as much as possible.
And guess what?
It doesn't take long for you to see dramatic changes in your calf muscles.
Do this calf Workout routine and build sexy calves!
Now remember, you don't need to train your calf muscles more than once per week.
You should add it to your current workout routines.
Most lower body workout routines will hit the calf muscles but not as much as when you do it isolated.
So you give this routine a try and start sculpting your dream calves!