Last Updated on October 11, 2021 by Femniqe Editorial
It is often said that reducing belly fat will make the stomach appear more toned and fit, but does stomach vacuum reduce belly fat?
There are many ways people try to decrease fat around their midsection.
One of these habits is performing a “stomach vacuum.”
The theory behind this practice is that by sucking in the stomach, a person will appear more toned and fit. In theory, this is true.
However, in practice, it can be difficult to perform correctly or maintain for a while.
There are several things that make stomach vacuuming hard to implement into a regular exercise regimen:
1) It’s not very effective at burning fat.
2) It’s hard to perform correctly.
3) It’s uncomfortable and sometimes painful.
4) It takes a lot of time and dedication to see results.
5) The result it does provide seem temporary, as the stomach will fill back up within minutes after the vacuum is released.
6) People who have blood pressure problems should avoid this practice.
Stomach vacuums have been known to cause injury and blood pressure spikes, so it’s important to know what you’re getting into before attempting this method of weight loss.
If you’re unsure, consult a professional or your doctor before performing any exercise that could result in injury or harm.
How To Do Stomach Vacuum Exercise
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and back straight.
2. Place your hands on your stomach and exhale all the air in your lungs until you feel that they are empty.
3. Perform a “stomach vacuum” by squeezing and pulling your navel as far inward as possible, toward the spine. Don’t push or bear down with your stomach.
4. Hold the vacuum for 60 seconds, trying not to push it out, and release after a minute.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 at least once a day for effective results.
Watch the video below to see how’s done.
How often to stomach vacuum exercise?
If you do the stomach vacuum every day for at least 30 days, you may see that your waistline becomes smaller.
If you do it for more than 60 days, your waist will get even smaller.
However, don’t maintain the vacuum for too long and most importantly remember to keep breathing, do not hold your breath!
Take shallow breathes so you still supply oxygen into your body! To keep a slim waist line, just do 10 to 15 seconds of stomach vacuum every day.
For people who want to try this exercise, it is recommended that you should start with 5-minute sessions (every other day) and then gradually increase the number of minutes over time.
Conclusion: It is possible to get a flatter stomach by performing the stomach vacuum, but it has to be done regularly over a period of time to see results.
While there are many benefits to having a toned core, which can increase athletic performance and decrease back pain among other things, it’s important to remember that you should not rely on a stomach vacuum routine to get you there.