Last Updated on January 29, 2022 by Femniqe
When last have you finished a workout at-home that fired up your glutes?
If it’s been a while then this 11-minute routine will absolutely wake up your butt.
This glute workout will benefit a beginner and even someone advanced.
The At-Home Glute Exercise Overview
You’ll be doing five separate workouts in the space of 11 minutes. Yes, the time frame is short but that’s more than enough time to activate and stimulate growth in your glutes.
The first exercise will be a glute stretch to help loosen up your hip flexors and gluteal muscles.
Always perform a glute stretch before starting your glute workout session.
This will prevent injury and help you to “feel the glutes” more during a workout. Then it will be followed up by glute activation exercises to help wake up your glutes.
The other 3 exercises are mainly glute isolation moves to shape and build your glutes even more.
The rest times should be between 20 to 30 seconds and no more.
As always you’ll be given a workout chart below showing two sets and the amount of reps for each exercise.
When you finish this 11-minute routine your glutes will be on fire!🔥
So get yourself ready!
1. Pigeon Stretch
Remember, you should never skip stretching for your glute workouts.
This is one of the MAIN reasons why some people struggle to grow their glutes.
They just don’t stretch and activate the glutes.
For this routine, pigeon stretch will be more than enough to help loosen up those tight hip and gluteal muscles.
How to do it
- Get into the position as demonstrated in the image above sitting on your right leg folded horizontally and right leg straighten out backwards.
- Hold that position for the recommended time on the chart then switch to the other leg.
Note: Make sure to watch the video below demonstrating each of these exercises.
2. Cross-Single Leg Glute Bridge
This exercise is a classic that always works.
Not only is it great for activating or firing up your glutes but also for growing them.
When you’re performing this exercise make sure to go at a slow pace and squeeze those glutes on every single rep.
For every rep that you perform you should be squeezing the hell out of those glutes. Making this one change can bring you faster results, if you consistently do it.
How to do it
- Get into starting position A, lying on your back with left leg bent supported by your heel and right leg crossed on top of left knee.
- Slowly raise your hips as far as possible and squeeze your glutes for at least 2 to 3 seconds.
- After that return to the starting position and repeat.
Note: If you have a dumbbell at home, you can add it for extra challenge.
3. Diagonal Side Kicks
So this workout will still activate and work the gluteus medius.
If you properly develop this muscle, you will end up with rounder and curvier butt.
Optional: If you have a resistance band add it to this exercise. This will make it more intense, which means more growth.
How to do it
- Get into position A, standing on your right foot and left toe touching the ground with resistance band around ankles.
- Now slowly raise your left leg sideways as far as possible, as shown in position B in the image above.
- Hold for one second then return to position A and repeat.
4. Lying Single Booty Lifts
This workout is going to look very comfortable but don’t let it fool you. 😉
If you’re properly doing this exercise, you’ll be creating a lot of tension in the glutes which is a MUST for building bigger glutes.
So take it very seriously.
How to do it
- Lie down on your belly as shown in position A, while raising your right leg few inches off the ground. That is your starting position.
- Now you’re going to raise your right leg even higher into position B to create more tension in the glute and hold for about 1 second.
- After that return to position A and repeat the required amount of reps for that leg.
5. Chair Lunge Kickbacks
Finishing off the routine is a move that will not only hit the glutes but also tone your thighs.
When you’re performing this exercise make sure to use a solid chair, bench or even a step.
Just make sure it’s something that will not move during the workout.
How to do it
- Place your right foot on top of the surface(chair or bench) as demonstrated in position A.
- Slowly raise your body while performing a kickback with your left leg, as shown in position B.
- Return to position A at a controlled pace and repeat.
The 9 Minute At-home Glute Exercise Routine
See ALL Workouts Demonstrated Below:
How To Use This At-Home Glute Workout
We always recommend that you stick to between three to four times a week.
That’s more than enough time to stimulate your glutes for growth.
If you have more than 11 minutes then you can do the entire routine a second time.
Or you can combine it with one of the following routines:
- The 9-minute glute builder
- The 10-minute glute workout for mass
- The 8-minute unlock your glutes workout
Your Nutrition is SUPER Important
If you’re not eating enough healthy calories daily then you won’t see growth at all.
In fact, you end up getting a smaller butt.
Don’t make that mistake, instead, follow a meal plan that will help you add size to your glutes.
Here’s a meal plan you can use and even modify to your liking. Just remember to prioritize protein in every single meal of the day.
Now Go Ahead and Try This Routine!
Before you start the routine, make sure to watch the short video above that demonstrates every exercise.
I want to make sure that you’re performing the exercises properly.
Proper form is the difference between seeing results or wasting your time.
Now go ahead, start taking some action and hit those glutes for bigger growth.