You know what makes an hourglass figure workout great?
The fact that it hits every single major muscle group in your body. That is exactly what this routine is going to do.
And it will take little over 10 minutes.
With this workout, you will hit:
- The glutes
- Midsection (Ab + Waist)
- And your entire upper body
And you can do this right from the comfort of your home.
The Hourglass Figure Workout Plan
For this routine, you'll only be doing 4 separate workouts each working various muscle groups.
You don't need any type of equipment. However, if you have a resistance band and a pair of 5 or 10 pound dumbbells, it would make this workout a lot more intense.
Remember, the more you challenge the body and take it out of its comfort zone, the faster results you will get.
But only if you stay consistent.
Try to keep your rest times no more than 30 seconds in between sets.
NOTE: If you don't need any rest in between sets, then just move on to the next one.
The less rest times included, the more intense the workout will be.
You will be given a workout chart below that will show you the required amount of sets and reps to be done for each of these exercises.
So, if you're ready let's look at each of these workouts to make sure that you're doing them correctly.
1. Inner Thigh Pulls With Band
The goal of this workout is to target your side booty muscles and inner thighs.
Using a resistance band with this routine makes it the perfect move for targeting several muscle groups at once.
Once you complete this exercise, you're absolutely going to feel the burn from your inner thighs and your glutes.
How to do it
- Lie down on your left side as shown in the image above with a resistance band around both thighs above the knee caps and the right leg slightly hovering above the left leg.
- Slowly raise the right leg upwards as high as possible, stretching the resistance band to maximum tension, hold that position for 1 to 2 seconds.
- After the pause, return to the starting position and repeat the required amount of reps for that leg.
2. Wide Stance Bridge Pulses
The typical glute bridge is very common but not this variation because it's a lot harder. The glutes are a strong muscle group.
And if you want to grow them, you must challenge them with a lot more resistance.
And this is exactly what this exercise does. Also if you have a resistance band, it's highly recommended that you use it with this exercise.
For those of you who are a bit advanced, you can add a 25 or 35 pound dumbbell to this move to light your glutes on fire!
How to do it
- Lie down on your back as shown in position A with the resistance band around both thighs above knee caps, thighs slightly wider than shoulder width, back and glutes raised about 4 inches off the ground. That's your starting position.
- Now you're going to brace your hips as high as you can while squeezing your glutes for at least 2 to 3 seconds as if you're holding a coin between them.
- After that pause, return to the starting position and repeat the required amount of reps for this move.
3. Dumbbell Knee Chops
Not your typical ab and waist workout but it’s guaranteed to rev-up your metabolism and burn a lot of calories.
This exercise targets your upper, lower abdominal region and even your obliques to help sculpt that coveted hourglass waistline.
NOTE: If you're going to use dumbbells with this exercise only use a pair of 5-7 pound dumbbells. Anything heavier than that isn't recommended.
How to do it
- Get into the starting position with your left leg extended backwards, hands holding both dumbbells above your head as demonstrated in the image above.
- Now you're going to kick your left knee forward and up as if you want it to touch your chest, while your hands go down with the weight as demonstrated in position B.
- Go back to the original position and perform the required amount of reps.
4. Dumbbell Reverse Row
For some reason a lot of women shy away from training their upper body.
Thinking that they will become bulky like a bodybuilder on enhancements.
Look, that only happens if:
- You're taking enhancements.
- And you're using heavier and heavier weights each time you train.
So, if you're not doing any of that no need to worry.
You should train your upper body.
The hourglass figure includes a well-proportioned upper body from shoulders, arms and lats which help to show your midsection curves even more.
Note: Recommended dumbbell sizes for this move is 5-25 pounds.
How to do it
- Get into position A as shown in the image above with your upper body bent at least 45 degrees and both hands holding the dumbbells straight downwards. That will be your starting position.
- Now slowly raise the weight upwards to your chest while almost straightening your upper body as shown in position B.
- Hold the position for 1 to 2 seconds, return to the starting point and repeat the required reps.
The Hourglass Figure Workout Plan Chart
Every exercise is demonstrated below:
How To Use This Hourglass Figure Workout Routine
As with any routine the main thing that REALLY produce results is consistency. None of this will work if you don't stick to your workout schedule.
And have a proper nutrition.
Doing a routine like this 3-4 times a week is ideal. But generally, 3 times a week is perfect for most people.
Here is what your training schedule should look like:
Monday: Workout Day
Tuesday: Rest Day
Wednesday: Workout Day
Thursday: Rest Day
Friday: Workout Day
Saturday: Rest Day
Sunday: Rest Day
For those of you who want to train at home, I highly suggest that you invest in a good set of resistance bands and some dumbbells.
This will make your workout a lot more challenging which is always a good thing.
Especially, when it comes on to training your glutes.
The Hourglass Figure Diet
For everyone, diet will be different because some will try to lose excess body fat while some persons are trying to gain weight in the right places.
Those of you who are trying to lose excess body fat, it's recommended that you go on a calorie deficit meal plan.
Don't worry, it isn't a starvation diet.
Here's a good example of a meal plan you can use to help drop the excess body fat to help reveal your true curves.
On the other hand…
If you're trying to gain weight then use this meal plan as a guide.
You will need a calorie surplus to help you gain weight.
The nutrition is the most critical part of this plan and you MUST follow it if you want to get the best results possible.
Start The Hourglass Figure Workout Plan!
You have exactly what is needed to pull this off.
The only thing you need right now is your willpower to take consistent action and get things done!
And you already have that willpower, so use it to your advantage and start building your dream body.