If you're not squatting then you're missing out on getting the butt of your dreams!
It's the ultimate butt workout that targets the glutes and thighs, practically every part of the lower body.
Right now everyone seems to be doing a 30 day squat challenge workout and that's a good thing!
The fact that there are many people challenging themselves to stick to a 30 day plan is very fantastic!
The squat challenge basically involves squatting almost every day for a month with the aim to get a bigger, perkier and firmer butt and toned thighs.
Even though squats mainly target the butt and thighs, they are also fun and a beneficial exercise for the entire body.
- It improves your mobility – we're living in the age of the sedentary lifestyle, where we sit down for most of the day and as we get older we lose our child-like mobility. Now when you squat regularly, it helps you to improve your posture and flexibility and boosts your overall body's agility.
- It's a powerful compound movement – when you squat not only do your butt and thighs feel it, but also your calves, back, core and hips.
- Helps in production of anabolic hormones – this is the type of hormone that helps us to lose excess fat and build muscles, which gives you a toned and sexy look. When you squat you use several muscle groups at the same time, and this is very effective in increasing the production of anabolic hormones.
The number #1 mistake people make
When they take the 30 day squat challenge workout, after it is completed they stop doing the workouts.
This is the worst thing you can ever do!
It's like spending four years getting a bachelors degree and then after you get the certification you tear it up.
When you are doing a 30 day squat challenge, even after you've completed it, you want to ensure that you keep challenging yourself and take it to the next level, that's what being fit is all about.
Not because you've achieved a sexy toned butt after that time frame means that it will stay that way. The only way to maintain your results is to keep working out and include different variations.
Let's get into the 4 main squat workouts you will be doing.
1. Wall sits
- Make sure to stand with your back against the wall and place your 2 feet out in front of you.
- Your feet should be hip-distance apart while bending your knees and sliding your back slowly down the wall until you reach a 90° angle.
- Hold that position for the specified time then go back to the starting position.
- Do three reps of the specified time in the challenge.
- Make sure to stand tall with your feet hip-width apart and your arms extended.
- Now slowly lower your body as far as you can until you hit the 90° angle.
- Your thighs should be parallel to the floor.
- After a second slowly raise back up to the starting position and repeat.
3. Lateral squats
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart then slowly shift your body way to the right while bending your right knee and keeping your left knee straight.
- Hold the position for two seconds then slowly move back to your original position and repeat.
4. Bulgarian squats
- To perform this squat variation, stand a couple feet in front of a chair.
- Now put one foot on the chair and extend your arms outwards or brace them on your knee to help you maintain balance.
- Do the split squat by slowly lowering to a 90° angle.
- Keep this stance for one second and then slowly raise back up to the starting position and repeat.
The 30 day squat challenge workout calendar
Frequently Asked Questions
How many reps of squats should I do?
In the calendar above, each day has its required amount of reps that you should do.
One important thing we should point out is that when you're doing the squats it's not really about the amount that you're doing it's about the quality and your form.
So when doing the workouts do not rush it, take it slow and feel the intensity, that's how you will get super fast results.
Do squats make you shorter?
No, there's no scientific study to back up that myth. Doing squats has no effect on your height so there's no need to worry over that.
If I do squats regularly will I lose weight?
Squats is one of those compound workouts that can do wonders for your body. One of which is that you can lose weight if you stick to a workout program that includes squats.
You can even add dumbbells into your training to help increase the intensity and results.
Will squats make my butt smaller or bigger?
This varies from case to case, depending on your overall fitness level. Now if you want to lose weight or if you have excess body fat, squats can help you to reduce your overall body fat while making your butt and thighs more toned and trimmed.
Squat works because it's a very efficient way to build muscle and it will also reduce your body fat. You'll notice that your lower body becomes more lean and toned, which means that your metabolism will be faster and this will cause your body to change and shape as well.
The thing is that muscles take up less room than fat, so technically it will become smaller, but that doesn't mean your butt will be smaller.
If you had excess fat on your butt it is actually hiding your true booty curves.
However, if you don't have excess body fat then doing squats will improve your butt and thigh muscles, resulting in you looking more sexier and toned.
I was born with a flat butt, will squatting help?
Absolutely! The only way it will not work is if you're not consistent and not eating properly. Your results depend on how dedicated you are and the intensity of your workouts.
Genetics will have a small say, but we have seen many cases where genetics can be overthrown with consistency and dedication to the workout and diet.
What muscles do squats work?
They mainly target your butt and thigh muscles but they also have an effect on your abs, obliques, back, calves and core.
How often should I do squats?
It depends on your workout routine. However, in this case, you're doing a 30 day squat challenge workout therefore, you should follow the plan as laid out in the calendar above.
Make sure to adhere to the rest days as they are very important to your muscles' recovery and growth.
The squat challenge workout diet
It doesn't matter how many squats you have done, if your diet is crappy you will not get any results. This is also a big mistake a lot of people make. They jump on these challenges without making the necessary changes to their diet that will help to boost their results.
You must narrow down your food choices to the healthy ones that will grow your booty muscles and help tone your thighs.
Choose protein packed foods for butt gains
Over the 30 days you will be working out your butt and thigh muscles which means they will need to recover and repair for growth.
The only way they can do that effectively is if they're being fed with proper protein packed foods, as it helps to support muscle growth. Your glute muscles will need protein if you want to get a decent sized perky butt.
You can meet your protein requirements daily by eating certain types of foods. For example, you can start your day with a protein smoothie, 2 boil hard eggs or even an omelette with veggies. During the day for lunch or dinner you can eat lean protein like tempeh, fish or chicken.
You can also boil some lentils and pair it with wheat bread to snack on throughout the day as they are filled with a lot of proteins.
ITS TIME FOR THE 30 DAY SQUAT CHALLENGE WORKOUT
Time for you to give this booty workout plan a shot! If you're really serious about bringing out your ultimate booty then this plan will give you results.