If you want to start making those booty gains, you're going to love this 10-minute workout.
Not only will you stimulate growth in your glutes but you will also tone-up your thighs.
Plus, you don't need any weights or equipment to pull this off.
The only thing you'll need is your body weight and your willpower to give it 100%.
This glutes gain workout routine is perfect for those of you who can't make it to the gym or just prefer working out at home.
The Booty Gains Workout Overview
As mentioned earlier, this is a body-weight routine, so you won't need any type of special equipment or weights.
However, if you have a resistance band you can add it to one of the exercises in this routine. But remember, it's not needed it's optional.
Try to keep the rest times between 10 to 20 seconds as this will help to maintain a good level of intensity.
Keeping the rest times short will increase the tension on the glutes.
Which leads to faster growth, when done consistently.
Now, keep in mind that when you're performing these exercises go at a slow and controlled pace.
Blazing through the exercises just to get it over with won't do anything for your glutes. Instead, take your time and hit those glutes properly.
This routine only has 3 exercises.
One will target the thighs while the others are glute-specific exercises.
So, if you're ready let's get started.
1. Banded Squat (Resistance Band is Optional)
This will be the only exercises how that will target your thighs.
Squats is THE number #1 workout to tone your thighs.
It's very efficient and saves a lot of time. If you don't have a resistance band you can still do this workout.
How to do it:
- Stand shoulder-width apart with the resistance band around both thighs above the knee caps.
- You're going to slowly lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground, hold the position for 1-2 seconds then slowly return to the starting point.
- Repeat the required amount of reps.
2. Wide Stance Bridge Pulses
It's a variation of the standard glutes bridge that is a lot more challenging for the glutes.
You’ll be able to hit the glutes hard with this exercise. It's very low-impact and will give you a good glute pump when done correctly.
How to do it:
- Get into position A lying on your back with your glutes hovering a few inches off the ground and thighs wider than shoulder-width.
- You're going to slowly brace and squeeze your glutes into position B, hold that for at least 2 to 3 seconds.
- Release and lower back to position A and repeat the required amount of reps.
3. The Reverse Hip Thrust
For the last exercise you will be doing a variation off the standard hip thrusts.
With this exercise not only will be able to activate and stimulate growth in your glutes but also tone your upper body.
How to do it:
- Get into position A as shown in the image above with your upper body supported by your arms and glutes slightly above the ground.
- Now you're going to slowly push your hips upwards as far as possible and squeeze those glutes for at least 2 to 3 seconds.
- Hold that position until 2 or 3 seconds are up then slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
The Sets And Reps For This Routine
(Rest 10-20 Seconds In Between Each Set Only If Needed)
Banded Squat – Do 2 Sets For 50 Seconds
Wide Stance Bridge Pulses – Do 3 Sets For 60 Seconds
Reverse Hip Thrust – Do 3 Sets For 60 Seconds
The reason for the short rest time is that you'll be able to fatigue the gluteal muscles very quickly.
When that happens you will be able to get a very good glutes pump and be able to maximize your gains when done consistently.
NOTE: For those of you who are advanced it's best to do this routine at least 2 times to get the maximum booty pump possible.
See All The Exercises Demonstrated Below:
How To Use This Booty Gains Workout Routine
To get the best results possible you want to train your glutes 3 times a week. This will give your glutes enough time to rest, recover and grow.
A very common mistake is training the glutes too often and not giving it enough time to recover.
Doing this will give you opposite results which is shrinking the glutes.
For most persons 3 times a week is ideal and achievable.
Nutrition Is Key to Your Gains
Now remember, the glutes are a group of muscles.
And for muscles to grow you have to be in a calorie surplus to support that growth.
Here's a glute-building meal plan you can use.
If you're a vegan use this instead. For the vegan meal plan add 2 protein shakes to help boost the protein and calorie intake.
Mix Up The Routine For More Challenge!
For those of you who want to mix things up and keep it fresh you can combine this workout with any of the following routines for maximum results:
- Use these 4 exercises to add size to your glutes
- How to grow your glutes without growing your thighs (Workout routine!)
Now go ahead and take action! 🙂