Sometimes, it's best to keep things simple.
You can do glute exercises at home that will effectively hit all your gluteal muscles.
Even though we're big advocates of using weights at the gym to grow your glutes, you can still stimulate growth without weights.
That's why we created this 9-minute butt workout that doesn't require you going to the gym.
Works perfectly for those of you who can't make it to the gym regularly.
The Glute Exercises At Home Overview
This routine combines five separate workouts all mainly targeting the glutes. You might see some of the workouts using resistance band but that is optional.
That being said, you should have invested in a resistance band by now as they are super affordable.
You can actually get them at any fitness or health store in your area.
If you plan to take glute training seriously, you must invest in one of these.
Resistance band is one of the easiest ways to add more challenge to your workout to grow your glutes bigger beyond the plateau.
However, it is still optional.
Keep your rest times between 30 to 50 seconds.
You will be given a workout chart below showing the amount of sets and reps for each workout.
Without further ado, let's get started! 🏁
1. Banded Squat
When trying to grow any part of your lower body, squats is a must.
Whether glutes or legs you must include squats in your routine as it's one of the ultimate compound exercises.
It engages every single muscle in your lower body, especially when you do it with proper form.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart with the resistance band around both legs above your knee caps.
- Slowly lower your body into the squat position with both thighs parallel to the ground and hold for one second.
- Return to the starting point and repeat.
2. Fire Hydrant Front Stretch
A classic glute exercise with a variation that would activate those gluteal muscles.
Especially, the gluteus medius.
When you're performing this exercise make sure to keep proper form and go slow for proper activation of the muscles.
Note: A workout video will be provided demonstrating each glute exercise.
How to do it
- Get into the table top position as in the image below with resistance band around your thighs.
- Slowly lift your left leg sideways as high as possible and hold for one second then move into position C.
- Move from position C into position D hold for one second then return to the starting point.
- That completes one rep.
3. Banded Squat 180 Hops
This is the only explosive movement in this routine.
Not only will it work all of your lower body muscles but also rev up your metabolism for more calorie burn.
How to do it
- Getting to the squat position as shown in the image above with the resistance band around your thighs.
- You're going to do an explosive jump 180 degrees to the other side landing into another squat position.
- After one second, do an explosive jump back to the starting position and repeat.
4. Lateral Ninja Kick
It's going to really work your glutes.
So get prepared! 😉
One of the reasons it works so well, is the lateral movements that is involved to help activate the gluteal muscles.
How to do it
- Get into the starting position as shown in the image above with a lateral lunge to the right.
- Use your right foot to power your upper body to the left then perform a kick with your right leg parallel to the ground.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
5. Lunge-to-knee Kicks
Finishing off this routine is another compound lower body exercise.
A lunge variation that will help engage glutes and your thighs.
How to do it
- Get into the split lunge position as shown in starting point A.
- Now move into position B hold for one second then move into position C hold for another one second then return to the starting point and repeat.
Note: Remember you can always checkout the video below to see the demonstrations.
THE 9 MINUTE GLUTE EXERCISE AT HOME CHART
See The Workouts In Action
Getting Results From This At-home Butt Workout
To maximize your glute gains from a routine like this you'll have to do it at least 4 times a week.
Here is why.
When you're training your glutes with your bodyweight you will need a higher frequency workout schedule.
Because your glutes will recover faster from a bodyweight workout as opposed to a weight training session.
Those who train their glutes with weights should ideally workout 3 times a week, using the other days for rest and recovery.
Please, Don't Forget Your Diet!
For every single workout routine we create at Femniqe, we talk about diet.
It's that important!
It doesn't matter how complex and powerful your workout plan is, it will fail if you don't optimize your diet.
Optimizing your diet simply means modifying your eating patterns to support your training goals.
So for example, if you want to grow bigger and rounder glutes, you have to eat in a daily calorie surplus. And not just any type of calories, you have to eat nutrient-dense wholesome foods.
You can check out this free meal plan to get an idea.
However, if you want to lose body fat you'll have to enter a calorie deficit.
Check out this guide to learn more about how to do it correctly.
Go ahead and try this at-home glute exercise routine.
You'll definitely feel and see the lift in your glutes with consistent workout frequency and proper nutrition.