Last Updated on September 4, 2019 by Femniqe
It’s a very uncomfortable feeling.
The dirt, excess oil, dead skin cells all clogging your skin pores. It’s a feeling that makes you feel dirty and miserable, we’ve all been there.
Acne is an inflammatory skin condition that is caused by hormonal changes, stress, unhealthy diet and bad skincare hygiene. It normally occurs as red swollen breakouts on your chest, neck, face and even back.
There are many products on the market that are dedicated to treating acne. However, using natural remedies at home will definitely help to get rid of pimples without any side effects or emptying your purse.
The remedy that we’re going to talk about today is called coconut oil. Using this to treat pimples have amazing results. So we’re going to show you how to use it with some tips and precautions.
Is coconut oil really good for treating acne?
The answer is a profound yes!
Coconut oil is one of the best remedies as it’s normally used for getting rid of acne, scars and blemishes on the skin. Let’s look at some of it’s beneficial properties that makes it such a winner.
- It contains medium chain fatty acid’s that have anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties which will help the fight against acne causing bacteria.
- Saturated fatty acids in coconut oil will be converted into a acidic shield that will form on the skin to combat the swollen pimples.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe the skin and also reduce the pain and discomfort caused by severe acne.
- It’s very rich in vitamins from A, E and K. All of these vitamins play a critical role in beautifying your skin.
- It penetrates skin deep and moisturizes the area therefore, preventing bacteria from lodging in the pores.
- Using coconut oil regularly will help the liver filter toxins, stimulate bowel movement that will help to flush waste from your body, boosts your metabolism and enhance proper blood circulation which will help to balance the production of sebum oil.
- The properties in coconut oil will act as a natural antioxidant and astringent. This protects your skin from free radicals and clears excess oil without excessively drying the skin.
How to use coconut oil for acne SCARS
Method 1 – Using coconut oil by itself
For this to work use an organic and virgin coconut oil instead of the typical one sold in the grocery stores. This will make sure that you’re getting all of the healthy properties to speed up your results.
How to do it:
- Make sure to wash the affected area with a mild soap and warm water. Then dry the skin with a soft towel.
- Apply the organic coconut oil on the affected area and gently massage for 7 minutes to get it well absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
Method 2 – Using coconut oil, honey and aloe vera
For irritated skin, honey is one of the best remedies. Aloe vera helps to clear access oil and remove dead skin cells while coconut oil penetrates deep into the skin to moisturize the areas.
How to do it:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil with raw honey and 4 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Now mix and apply the solution on the affected areas and let it stay for 25 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water. Make sure to dry the skin gently and repeat the same process regularly or two times a week.
Note: If you don’t have aloe vera you can simply use the coconut oil and honey for treating the acne.
Method 3 – using coconut oil with lemon
In case you didn’t know, the lemon is very rich in vitamin C that strengthens the immune system and also protects the skin from free radicals and slows the aging process.
It also helps to get rid of acne blemishes without irritating the skin as long it’s used moderately.
How to do it:
- Extract the juice from 1 fresh lemon and then add 4 tablespoons of melted organic coconut oil.
- Stir well until you get a fluffy texture and gently apply to the affected areas.
- Make sure to massage gently and leave it on overnight.
- Refrigerate the remaining amount and do this two to three times per week for maximum results.
Method 4 – Using coconut oil scrub for acne
Using this scrub will exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells and excess oil which will reduce the swollen pimples. This will also help to moisturize the skin to prevent severe dryness and other discomfort caused by the acne.
How to do it:
- Add 1/4 cup of both organic coconut oil and olive oil with 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Mix well and apply to the affected area.
- Make sure to gently scrub for 7 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Dry the skin and do this remedy two to three times a week to clear your acne.
Note: You can also mix 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil in warm water.
The steps are the same, all you need to do is apply it on the affected areas and gently rub it on for 7 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
Method 5- Using coconut oil with a banana
Banana is packed with a lot of enzymes that will hydrate your body and heal acne blemishes without leaving any scars.
How to do it
- Get 1/2 of a ripe banana and mash it into a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil and one pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix well and apply it to the affected areas.
- Let it stay on for 30 minutes and rinse it off with warm water followed by cold water.
- Do this routine two times a week to get rid of acne blemishes or pimples.
Note: You don’t necessarily have to use turmeric powder. However, adding it will definitely boost the effectiveness.
Tips and Precautions
- Make sure that you’re using organic coldpressed virgin coconut oil for acne blackheads and pimples. The best time to use coconut oil is at night before bed. Also make sure to steam your face before application to open up your pores.
- Always test coconut oil to see if you have any allergic reaction. So be advised to do some skin patch test before using It.
- Make sure that you wash your hands before applying coconut oil for acne to prevent the spread of bacteria to other parts of your face.
- Ensure that you stay hydrated throughout the day, eat healthy foods, exercise regularly, reduce your stress levels and make it a point of duty to take care of your skin.
- As with anything in life, overdoing it will cause problems. over usage of coconut oil might cause more damage than good so don’t over do it.
it’s time for you to take action
Now that you know some of the best variations to use coconut oil for acne, stop worrying about the embarrassing pimples on your skin and pick one of the methods listed above and take action.
Have any questions? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.