Last Updated on September 2, 2021 by Femniqe Editorial
If your goal is to build round and curvy hips then you need a routine that will target all the gluteal muscles.
Especially, the gluteus medius.
It’s one of the hardest gluteal muscles to hit during a workout.
For this quick routine you won’t need any weights, equipment or accessories.
That being said, if you want to add dumbbells or a resistance band, you’re more than welcome to do so.
Adding extra resistance to your glute workouts will only make your results better.
The Curvy Hips Workout Overview
You’re only doing 3 different workouts all focused on hitting gluteus medius and gluteus minimus from various angles.
Keep your rest times no longer than 20 to 30 seconds, this helps to keep the intensity and challenge the muscles more.
If you don’t need any rest times in between then just move to the next set.
One thing you should remember when performing the exercises is to go at a controlled pace.
Meaning, don’t rush through the exercises just to get it over with. You’ll just end up wasting your precious time and energy.
So get rid of the distractions, turn off phone notifications and just focus on your workout.
It’s to challenge those glutes!
Let’s look at the 3 exercises that you will be doing to help build wider and curvier hips.
1. Side Step Squats
You will be kicking off the routine with a compound squat variation to help rev up the lower body.
This exercise will work every single muscle in the lower body.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart getting ready to step to the right, moving into the squat position as demonstrated in position A.
- Slowly move to the right and lower your body into the squat position as shown in position B.
- Hold that position for 1 to 2 seconds then return to the starting position and repeat.
- After you’ve completed the required reps for the right leg, move on to the left leg.
2. Hip Thrusts (Optionally Add Dumbbell)
If you have been doing our workouts, you would know by now that this is one of our favorite glute exercises.
It’s absolutely one of the most powerful good focus workouts that will stimulate growth and add mass to your glutes.
If you have a dumbbell don’t be afraid to add it with this exercise as it will increase the work on the gluteal muscles.
Doing hip thrusts would absolutely explode the size of your glutes as long as it’s done consistently with the right set of routines.
How to do it
- Get into position A with your back on the edge of a bench, holding the dumbbell on your hips with both hands and thighs wide apart.
- You’re going to slowly brace your hips as high as possible while squeezing your glutes for at least 2 to 3 seconds as if you’re holding something between them.
- After the squeeze return to the starting position and repeat the required amount of reps.
3. Lateral Single Leg Glute Bridge
To be honest you’re going to feel a lot of fire in your glutes performing this exercise.
If you have a resistance band you can add it to this move.
But remember, you want to go at a slow and controlled pace, so that you feel everything within the glutes.
NOTE: You can watch the video further below as it demonstrates this exercise a lot better.
How to do it
- You’re going to get into the glute bridge position by bracing your hips upwards with your glutes several inches off the ground as shown in the image above.
- Now lift your left leg towards your chest, Hold for one second then extend the same leg forward, now swing to the left.
- Hold that position for one second then return to the starting point and repeat.
The Hip Curves Workout Plan
See The Moves Demonstrated Below:
Now lets look how many times per week you should be doing this routine for maximum gains!
How To Use This Hip Curve Building Routine
You don’t need to train your lower body more than 3 times a week.
If you want to get the best results growing your glutes and amplifying the curves of your hips you MUST give the muscles time to rest, repair and grow.
For example, if you start your workout on Monday, rest on Tuesday then pick it up back again on Wednesday.
Training back to back won’t give the glutes enough time to recover.
Don’t make that mistake!
It will just give you the opposite results, meaning smaller glutes.
At some point you might get bored of this routine, so if you want to spice things up here’s a list of glute hip focused workouts you can interchange with:
- The 9 Minute Rounder Glutes And Hips Routine
- The Gluteus Medius Routine (A Must Do!)
- The Curvy Body Workout Routine
What Foods Make Your Hips Wider?
Obviously if you’re doing this routine, you want to build lean muscles with curves and not excess fat around your hips.
For that to happen you have to eat REAL food that are nutrient-dense.
You can’t expect to live on junk foods and expect to build muscle.
Yes, that’s a bit harsh but it’s the truth!
The only thing you will gain is excess fat around your thighs, hips and even your belly.
So, it’s time to keep the processed food at the bare minimum and start eating high quality foods that you prepare at home.
If you don’t have time to prepare food daily then make sure that wherever you buy food they are selling real food that will support muscle growth.
Not processed junk!
Stay away from those if you want to get the fastest results possible.
Here’s a list of nutrient-rich foods you can add to your diet that will absolutely grow your glutes and hips.
And remember, in order to gain muscle you have to be in a calorie surplus.
Use this curves building meal plan as a guide to help decide your eating habits daily.
Now Get Started…
For this to work you must stay consistent with the training and nutrition.
This is where a lot of people fall off and wonder why they’re not getting any results.
Nothing worth having happens overnight, so you have to keep your willpower strong and keep going. If you’re doing the work, the results WILL come.
There’s no doubt about it, if you stay consistent!