Last Updated on September 4, 2019 by Femniqe
Believe it or not there will be a time in our lives when we all will have double chin and it happens in both men and women.
This happens as a result of the loss of elasticity due to your skin aging and/or from being overweight.
This can happen also because of your genes.
But if you’re worried about how to get rid of double chin, you’re going to get a complete guide showing you different hacks that actually work.
Double chin is something that most people aren’t proud of therefore they wear high neck top scarves or tilt their heads just right when their photo is being taken to avoid capturing the extra fat under the chin.
Yes, there’s a surgical procedure you can actually do to lose double chin but it can be expensive.
That’s why you can use these home remedies to help you eliminate double chin and you’ll save a lot of money, completely pain free.
1. Egg White, Lemon and milk
Egg white is a fantastic skin tightening agent, that’s why it’s good for your overall skin’s health. This will definitely help you get rid of a double chin.
- Whip two eggs with one spoon of milk then add lemon juice and milk.
- You can also add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- After mixing make sure to apply this mask around your chin and neck area.
- Leave it on for about 25 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off with some warm water.
- Do this routine once daily for maximum results.
2. Start chewing sugar-free gum
You might have read of many facial exercises but the best one to help you get rid of double chin is chewing as it is great at keeping your facial muscles toned and also work the muscles in your jaw line.
Make sure that you chew sugar-free gum in order to minimize the amount of calories.
You can do it several times a day in order to reduce your double chin as soon as possible.
3. Get some wheat germ oil
The next time you go to the pharmacy make sure that you pick up wheat germ oil.
When you use this oil to massage your neck regularly it will definitely help you to get rid of double chin.
It also comes with vitamin E which helps to nourish and tighten your skin.
- Before you go to your bed rub some wheat germ oil gently around your chin area.
- Ensure that you massage upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Leave the oil on your skin overnight and repeat this regularly until you notice improvement in your double chin.
4. Start drinking green tea
One of the biggest benefits of drinking green tea is that it consists of potent antioxidant and other components that help to speed up your metabolic rate.
This will help you burn more calories and lose weight.
So when you start your day make sure that you drink a cup of green tea.
You can drink one cup in the morning one in mid day and one in the night. This will help to increase your skin’s elasticity and your overall health.
5. Get enough vitamin e
Believe it or not, if you’re not consuming enough vitamin E your skin’s health will take a hit. Why do you think many commercials and skin products place so much emphasize on vitamin E as an ingredient?
Well that’s because it’s the ultimate vitamin for your skin.
There’s no need to buy expensive creams and gels, all you need to do is eat foods that contain high amounts of vitamin E such as leafy vegetables, beans, nuts and seeds, legumes, brown rice, barley, liver and dairy products.
But if you’re not able to consume enough of these foods you can simply take a daily vitamin E supplement just make sure to consult with your doctor first.
6. Massage with milk
When you use milk to massage your chin area it will help to tone and tighten the skin. Plus it helps to enhance your skin’s sheen and beauty.
- All you need do is apply the milk on your chin and neck area then massage it for a couple of minutes. You’ll then rinse it off with some warm water.
- You can do this 2 times daily. Another fantastic option is mixing honey and milk, whenever you combine these ingredients you’ll end up with a powerful skin tightening solution.
7. Use melon
You probably didn’t know that melon is a very effective skin tightening agent.
- You have to extract the fresh melon juice. Then use a cotton ball to apply the juice to your chin and neck area.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- To maximize the effectiveness you can add apple juice to it and use it to massage your jawline and chin area.
Make sure that you’re consuming melon as it is high in water content which will help to flush out bad toxins from your body and helps with weight loss.
8. Use cocoa butter
Cocoa butter consists of a substance called polyphenols which helps to improve the elasticity of your skin and also helps to reduce double chin.
- Using it is quite simple, all you have to do is warm 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
- Then gently massage your neck and chin area, repeat twice daily to get maximum results.
Glycerine is one of the most powerful skin tightening agents. It helps to strengthen your collagen. If you really want to get rid of double chin then using glycerin is a must.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Glycerin with 2 drops of peppermint oil and 1 tablespoon of epsom salt.
- Apply the mixture to your neck and chin area. Let it stay for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water and do this 3 to 5 times a week.
Do I need to do double chin exercises?
Yes, you can do double chin exercises but the ultimate way to lose any form of fat whether it’s belly fat or chin fat, is by calorie deficit.
The concept of calorie deficit is quite simple, you consume less than your body needs to burn for energy.
This causes your body to burn your own stored fat as an alternative energy source which will result in you losing fat.
Spot reduction doesn’t work for double chin so that’s why it’s best to focus on calorie deficit and combine it with one of the remedies above.
So if you effectively want to get rid of double chin you have to lose excess body fat.
Your 2 main focuses should be
1. Exercising Regularly
Doing total body workouts will help you to eventually reduce fat in the facial area.
Make sure that you stick to a steady exercise routine that involves cardio and strength training. This will definitely put you on the path to a thinner face.
If you’re not really into exercise routines you can also do other cardio activities such as swimming, biking or running.
2. Limiting your calorie intake
Remember, when you reduce your calorie intake you will reduce the amount of fat that is stored in your body and most importantly your face.
If you really want to get rid of double chin then you must do this.
Make sure that your diet mostly consists of fruits, vegetables fiber and water also see a dietitian or doctor for some advice as everyone’s diet plan and needs will be different.
More tips to get rid of double chin
- Make sure that you drink plenty of water and eat foods that have high water content such as lettuce, celery, cucumbers and melon.
- Make sure that you minimize the consumption of alcohol, carbonated drinks and coffee.
- Your sitting posture has a lot to do with it as well so be sure to keep your head up so your gaze is straight forward, neck erect and your body straight.
- Make sure that you pay attention to your diet and do your best to avoid fatty foods.
- You can also include some hairstyle designs such as long bob, layered waves and angled haircut to help make your double chin less noticeable.
Getting rid of double chin is not rocket science, you just have to make sure that you have enough calorie deficit and pick one of the remedies mentioned above.
If you’re dedicated and committed to the routine you will get great results in no time.