Last Updated on January 24, 2020 by Femniqe Editorial
This is one of the most requested content here at Femniqe.
A workout that help shrinks your midsection while challenging your glutes for growth.
That’s goal for the 13 minute small waist and bigger glutes routine. After breaking down each workout, we’ll dive into nutrition.
Without the right nutrition you will never see results.
The Glute Builder + Small Waist Workout Overview
For this exercise routine 3 workouts will work your midsection and the other 2 will target your entire lower body, mainly your glutes.
You won’t need any type of specialized equipment except a 30-35 pound dumbbell.
Yes, you can do the glute workouts without a dumbbell but if you really want to stimulate growth in your gluteal muscles, you need external resistance.
For rest times try to keep it no more than 30 to 50 seconds.
As always, you will be getting a workout chart below showing the amount of reps and sets for each workout.
Okay, let’s get started! 🏁
1. Plank Dips
If you spend a lot of time on Instagram, you must have seen this workout in your feed.
It’s actually a great workout to help tone the entire abdominal region.
However, when performing this exercise, don’t go too fast or too slow, keep it at a moderate pace.
How to do it
- Get into the plank position as shown in the image above, core tightened and body parallel to the ground.
- Twist to the right, hold position for one second and twist to the left do the same.
- Return to the starting point and repeat.
2. Side Plank Claps
After you complete this exercise your obliques and core is going to be on fire!
That’s because it works, especially for toning your waistline.
Just keep proper form when performing this exercise to maximize its benefits.
How to do it
- Get into the side plank position as shown in the image above, starting on your right side left leg parallel to the ground left hand extended up to the ceiling.
- Now slowly move your left leg forward with your left hands touching your toes, hold that position for one second.
- Return to the starting point and repeat the required amount of reps and sets for each side.
3. Cross Toe Touches
As simple as this exercise look, don’t take it lightly.
It’s a low-impact oblique workout that will to help with shrink your waistline.
How to do it
- Get into position A as shown in the image above, feet wide apart with hands sideways and parallel to the ground.
- You’re going to twist your upper body downward using your right hand to touch your left toe.
- Return to the starting position and do the same for the other side.
- Do the required amount of reps and sets as shown on the chart below.
4. Single Leg Hip Thrust
If you have been doing our workouts for a while then you know that hips thrust is one of the best glute building exercises.
It works really well, especially if you add a dumbbell.
You can start with a 25 pound dumbbell and work your way up to using a 35 or 40 pound dumbbell.
Remember, the glutes are very strong and they need a lot of resistance that forces them to grow.
How to do it
- Get into position A as shown in the image above holding a dumbbell on your pelvic area.
- Make sure the dumbbell weight is more concentrated on the side that will be doing the lifting.
- In this case you will start with your left leg and right folded on top.
- Now you will perform a thrust, hold for 2 to 3 seconds while squeezing your glutes.
- Lower your body to the starting point and repeat the required amount of sets and reps then do the other leg.
5. Low Hip Raises
This is a squat variation that will also work the gluteus medius.
To learn more about the gluteus medius make sure to check out this guide.
It’s the smallest gluteal muscle and hardest to reach.
However, if you’re able to grow this muslce you’ll be able to amplify the roundness and curviness of your glutes.
Note: A workout video will be provided below demonstrating each exercise.
How to do it
- Getting to the starting squat position with both thighs parrallel to the ground, feet shoulder-width apart.
- You’re going to lower into a squat position below the parrallel line then raise your body while lifting your right leg sideways as high as possible.
- Return to the starting point and repeat for the left side.
The “Build Glutes Fast + Shrink Waistline” Workout Chart
See The Workouts In Action
Modifying Your Meal Plan For Results
If you are a hardgainer, you shouldn’t be eating less, you should be eating more.
This doesn’t mean you should be eating more burgers and pastries. No, those are empty calories that provide no nutritional value for your body.
In fact, they slowly destroy your body as you age.
You should be eating more wholesome foods that you prepare at home.
At least you have more control over the ingredients when you are preparing your own food.
For hardgainers, use this meal plan and modify it based on your taste preferences.
Remember to eat more nutrient densed foods and less empty calories.
Losing The Excess Body Fat
Now, on the opposite side of the spectrum if you’re struggling to drop excess body fat then you need to enter a calorie deficit.
You will never see your small waistline, if you don’t pay attention to how you eat daily.
The thing is, people are scared of calorie deficit, thinking it means starvation.
It doesn’t have to be like that because you can be in a calorie deficit and still be full throughout the day.
By eating “real food” that you prepare at home.
It doesn’t have to be laborious, you just have to plan out your meals for the week.
However, we have done the hard part for you. You can use this meal plan as a guide or modified based on your food preferences.
If you are vegan, use this meal plan instead.
Try The Small Waist & Bigger Glutes Workout
Do this workout at least 3 to 4 times a week and stay consistent with the nutrition.
If you can do that, you will be seeing results!
Don’t forget to share this with your friends to challenge them too.😉