After you complete this 11 minute workout your gluteus medius is going to be on fire!
Why the gluteus medius?
It's the smallest gluteal muscle and one of the hardest one to reach efficiently with traditional butt workouts.
That muscle can help influence the shape of your hips so you can develop more curvy looking hips while growing the other gluteal muscles.
Remember, the aim here is not to attempt at changing your bone structure as that's completely genetic.
You can't change that.
The goal of this workout is to create muscle hypertrophy in all the gluteal muscles so they can become bigger, rounder and curvier.
With consistent work and good nutrition to support growth you can absolutely transform your lower body.
THE WIDER HIPS & BIGGER BUTT WORKOUT OVERVIEW
For this workout you won't need any type of weights or heavy equipment.
All you need is a resistance band.
If you have been following us for some time, you should have invested in a resistance band by now. They're super cheap and you can get them almost at any fitness store.
However, if you're still not able to get your hands on a resistance band you can still get the benefits of the workout.
It's just that by adding external resistance with the band you can stimulate even more muscle hypertrophy.
You'll be doing 5 separate workouts all targeting the gluteal muscles but mainly the gluteus medius.
A workout chart will be given below showing the amount of sets and reps for each workout.
So without further ado let's dive right into the workouts!
Starting off with one of the most underutilized moves for growing the gluteus medius.
This workout looks comfortable but after couple reps you're going to start feeling it.
And that's a good thing!
If you're doing the moves and you're not feeling the work in those glutes then check your form.
How to do it
- Get into position A as shown in the image above lying on your side with both legs slightly bent hovering over the ground.
- The resistance band should be positioned just high enough so you can feel the stretch when you open your thighs into position B.
- During the move make sure that both legs remain above ground and your right foot is in front of your left foot as shown in position B, when on the other side, vice versa.
Note: For all of these workouts perform them slowly so you can feel the challenge in the gluteal muscles.
2. GLUTE SWEEPS
Another workout that looks easy to do but it's quite the opposite when you start doing it.
It's not hard but it's not easy either.
Remember that for you to see changes in your glutes you need to keep challenging it.
That's how it grows!
How to do it
- Lie on your right side as shown in the first position in the image above with the resistance band below your pelvic area and left leg hovering in midair.
- Slowly move your left leg backwards creating a circular motion upwards then moving it forward back into the starting point and repeat.
Note: A workout video will be provided below demonstrating each move, so you can get a better understanding of how to perform them correctly.
3. GLUTE LIFT (BENT KNEES)
With this workout not only with you hit all of the gluteal muscles but also work your inner thighs.
How to do it
- Get into the starting position A shown in the image above with the resistance band around both ankles.
- Both legs should be slightly bent forward.
- Now slowly lift your right bent leg upwards as far as possible while maintaining the stretch for at least one second then return to starting point and repeat.
- Do the required amount of sets and reps for each leg.
4. ELEVATED CLAMSHELL
Now this workout is similar to the L-Lifts but with a slight difference.
Instead of putting one foot in front of the other, you're going to clasp both heels together. That one change puts more tension on the gluteal muscles.
How to do it
- Get into the starting position A shown in the image above with both legs bent and thighs close together.
- The resistance band should be below your pelvis area.
- Now slowly open both thighs as wide as possible, pause for 1 second then slowly close and repeat.
- Perform the required number of sets and reps for each leg.
5. SIDE BANDED LUNGE
With a slight twist on the traditional lateral lunge you can the activate gluteus medius more effectively, while working other muscle groups that contribute to that curvy look.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart holding a 25 pound dumbbell and the resistance band below your pelvic area.
- Now step to the right into the squat position as shown in the image above holding the dumbbell to the lowest point.
- Return to the starting point and repeat the required amount of reps for the right leg.
- After completing that do the required amount of reps for the left leg.
THE 11 MINUTE WIDER HIPS & BIGGER BUTT WORKOUT chart
See The Workouts in Action Below
How To Use This Hip & Glute Workout
If you want to get the maximum results possible you have to do this routine at least 3 to 4 times a week.
Remember that you won't be using any heavier weights for this routine.
So you need to hit the gluteal muscles more frequently during the week to activate them for maximum growth.
If you want to increase the challenge for this workout use 2 resistance bands and increase the dumbbell weight to 30 pounds.
This is called progressive overload which is basically challenging the glute muscles with heavier weight or more external resistance.
If you're currently doing glute training add this as a finisher to your routine.
Eating For Your Gains
None of this will work unless you back it up with the right nutrition.
It's simple, for you to grow bigger glutes you need to eat in a calorie surplus. Make sure that most of your daily calorie intake includes protein, carbs and healthy fats.
In regards to protein, try to consume at least 0.6 to 1 gram of protein per your bodyweight.
So for example, if you weigh 120 pounds, try to consume at least 120 grams of protein. This might sound hard to do but it's quite easy, by adding protein shakes to your daily diet.
Here are some glute building shakes that you can add to help you achieve that daily calorie surplus.
If you're not sure about how your meals should look, check out this Mon-Sun lean gain meal plan.
If you're vegan, check out this plan.
Give This Booty & Hip Wokout A Try!
There you have it, a simple plan you can execute right away and start getting those gains.
At the end of the day consistency is key, so give it your best and you will inevitably see results.