Back fat and love handles can be very persistent. That's why many people give up and let them have their way.
But nothing can stand in your way if you are willing to do what it takes.
After reading this guide you will have a powerful workout routine and meal plan that will attack these trouble areas.
This back fat and love handle workout plan will take a total body approach. The reason for this is that it's not possible to spot reduce.
That's why it will consist of super targeted workouts that will be combined with a short cardio session.
Doing so will burn extra fat on whichever part of your body it exists.
So the end goal is to get rid of back fat and love handles in the most efficient way. One other thing is that it's important to include strength training.
But no need to worry as you won't need to go into beast mode like a bodybuilder. 😉
That particular exercise will just need a kettlebell or one dumbbell.
So let's dive right into these workouts!
1. Air Bridges
- Get into the reverse plank position with both hands supporting your upper body from behind and feet flat on the ground.
- Raise your right leg inwards as close to your chest as possible and hold for one second.
- Now you're going to slowly lower your right leg back to the starting position.
- Do the same inward motion for your left leg and repeat for right leg.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
2. Seated Kettebell Twist
Note: You can use a kettlebell or one dumbbell for this workout.
- Sit down on the ground with legs straightened and close together.
- Hold the weight with both hands in front of you then you're going to rotate your torso to the left while leaning slightly back and then rotate to the right.
- That completes one rep. Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
3. Star Fish Lifts
- Lie down on your back and spread out your legs and hands forming a star.
- Lift your right foot along with your left hand to touch each other.
- Go back to the starting position and do the same for your left foot trying to touch your right hand.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
4. Slow Butterfly
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and upper body bent 30° to the ground.
- Form fists with both hands and hold them close together.
- Now you're going to slowly raise both hands wide apart until you can't go any further.
- Hold position for one second and slowly return to the starting position with hands closed together.
- Do 3 sets of 25 reps.
It's time for some cardio
After you complete the circuit above, you're going to rest for a few minutes and cool down as you're about to enter the cardio session.
The cardio session should last a minimum of 10 minutes.
You can do any cardio workout that you enjoy doing the most, whether it's swimming, jogging, biking or fast-paced walking.
However, for those persons who want a set routine to do for their cardio, here's a sweat-busting cardio workout that you do in the video below.
How many times a week should I workout?
The ideal workout frequency is 4 times per week. You would alternate your exercise and rest days.
Here's a good example:
Monday: Workout day
Tuesday: Rest day
Wednesday: Workout day
Thursday: Rest day
Friday: Workout day
Saturday: Rest day
Sunday: Workout day
Some persons prefer back to back workout days then take the third day for rest. But make sure you take rest day as your body will need time to recover.
The Back Fat and Love Handles Diet
For any workout plan to actually produce results, it needs to be backed by good nutrition.
Without that, it's a big fail.
For this to work you have to focus on eating fresh vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins such as fish, salmon and chicken breast.
You can also include nuts and seeds to snack on when you have cravings, but make sure that they're unsalted.
Don't forget to include moderate amounts of the healthy fats from sources like avocado, coconut oil and olive oil.
Eating a healthy diet doesn't have to be complicated. You just have to pay attention to whatever you eat throughout the day.
So before you eat anything you're not sure about, ask yourself “will it do good for my body?”.
When you do that it will become natural for you to police what you eat without feeling annoyed about it.
What many people fail to realize is that getting your dream body is a mental game.
If you train your mind towards certain foods then your body will just naturally refuse It.
It's not that you have to completely ditch your treats, but you need to develop the discipline to help you control those cravings when you're on a workout plan.
For a simple but effective healthy meal plan, check out => this post.
Very important tip: Ditch the sugar
An experiment was done by The Journal of Strength and Conditioning, and what was revealed wasn't surprising.
They got 24 adults to do 7 ab workouts, five days a week for six weeks and they did not lose any belly fat or any fat at all on their bodies.
This happen because 80% of your ability to lose excess body fat is determined by what you eat and the other 20% is just related to doing some cardio plus targeted workouts.
So, if your diet is mainly based on sugar and processed foods, then your chances of getting rid of back fat and love handles is slim to none.
Even if you exercise religiously and stick to the plan, you will not see any results if your diet doesn't change.
A bad diet causes your body to hold on to excess fat despite all of the sweat-busting workouts you do.
So what you should do?
- Reduce or eliminate sugar from your diet: you don't have to completely remove it from your diet but you have to keep its use as minimal as possible. Even all-natural sugars like honey or Agave will break down into sugar in your body. So even though they're healthy, you have to be careful with not over-using them in your daily diet.
- Increase the amount of healthy fats in your diet: as mentioned earlier, try to include more coconut oil, olive oil and avocado. They are very useful in the fat burning process in your body.
TIME TO ATTACK back fat and love handles
You don't have to deal with this problem area for the rest of your life.
it's something that anyone can tackle as long as they have determination and consistency.
So put this plan into action and you will definitely see results in the coming weeks.
Don't forget to repin this 🙂