Last Updated on August 31, 2021 by Femniqe
For some sneaky reason, fats love to rest in the hips and thighs, especially for woman.
This makes it a bit hard for us women to get rid of hip fat. Genetics, hormones and unhealthy lifestyles are some of the biggest culprits of fat storage in these areas.
You can try to spot treat the area but it’s not really feasible.
For any type of weight loss to happen, you have to take a wholesome approach. You can do this by combining proper diet, intense cardio and some strengthening exercises.
In this post, you’re going to learn 13 ways you can lose hip fat as soon as possible.
Some of these will involve using natural remedies that also help to speed up the process.
So let’s dive in.
1. Reducing calorie intake help to burn fat stored in the hips
When you reduce the amount you’re eating it helps to signal your body that it needs to start using the fat that is already stored for energy, including the fat that is stored on your hips.
For you to actually lose weight and reduce excess hip fat, you need to minimize your calorie consumption. When you restrict your calorie intake, over time it will guarantee weight loss.
Cutting 500 calories daily will result in about 1 to 2 pounds loss each week. This is considered a safe rate at which to lose weight.
You can also use a food journal to help you see what type of foods you should actually cut from your diet in order to maximize the results.
2. Start sweating to help burn hip fat
The best way to shred fat is to start doing some high-intensity cardiovascular workouts about 3 to 4 times a week.
When you do high-intensity exercises or hiit, it helps to melt calories and help to burn body fat.
Remember that you cannot really target the fat on your hips so the best way to reduce it is to do hiit workouts, as it will help to tone the hip area and give you that slender curvy look.
Hiit workouts are typically shorter indent and it normally involves short bursts of high-intensity it moves. When you combine this with some strength or body weight training, you will see fantastic results.
Here are 2 powerful Exercises to reduce hip fat
You have heard of this a million times all over the web, and that’s because it works!
Squat targets your stomach, thighs, butt and hips. this makes it a fantastic workout, in this case you want to reduce hip fat.
Doing a squat is pretty easy.
- Start with your feet hip-width apart and straighten your hands out in front of you with palms facing down.
- Place most of your weight into your heels and sit back like you are trying to lower yourself into a chair.
- Then you’re going to push your butt out behind you and go down as far as you can until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause for one second and then slowly go back to your starting position and repeat.
Side hip raises
If you really want to lose hip fat, you must do this exercise because it helps to target the muscles in your hips and thighs.
- Make sure that you lie down on the ground and rest on your side with the legs stacked on top of each other.
- Rest your head on your arm that is closest to the floor and place your upper arm on the side of your hip
- After doing that, keep your legs straight then you’re going to raise your top leg towards the ceiling.
- Now lower back down to the starting position gently, repeat and then switch sides after completing the particular reps.
3. Stop excess snacking
This is one of the biggest obstacles in losing weight on any part of your body.
When you snack too much or keep eating constantly throughout the day, you can sabotage your results.
Fitness professionals recommend that you limit the amount of calories you consume from snacks throughout the day.
So in this case, you really want to lose hip fat, therefore, you have to keep your snacks at about 130 cal per snack.
When snacking, go for healthy versions such as fruits, mixed nuts and vegetables such as carrots and tomatoes.
But it depends on your lifestyle and activity levels. On average you will need anywhere between 1 to 2 snacks maximum daily.
Low-fat protein and high fiber snacks are the best options.
4. Start using coconut oil
This oil is really powerful for losing extra fat from your body, including your hips and thighs.
Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids, which get absorbed directly into the cell membranes that are immediately converted into energy instead of being stored as useless fat.
Not only that, but coconut oil helps improves your metabolism and reduces your hunger throughout the day.
To use coconut oil internally, use it in your food sparingly so as to maximize your weight-loss results.
You can also use it externally by massaging it on your hips and thighs for about 15 minutes twice daily. Make sure that the coconut oil is warm before applying it to your hips and thighs.
5. Coffee grounds work wonders
In case you didn’t know, coffee contains antioxidants and caffeine, which help to tighten, tone and smoothens the skin.
It also does a great job of reducing accumulated fat and helps to improve circulation throughout the body.
The coarse coffee ground will work as an amazing exfoliating scrub that helps to tone muscles around your thighs and hips.
How to use it
- Get 1 tablespoon of leftover coffee grounds after brewing it.
- Then you’re going to add some honey to get a thick paste-like mixture.
- Before you take a bath make sure to apply it on your hips and thighs and allow to dry for 15 minutes
- Then you’re going to wet your hands and scrub it off while rinsing it with water.
- Do this three times a week for best results.
6. Get some sea salt
Sea salt is one of the best skin tightening and toning agent available and it can do the same thing for your hips and thighs.
You can switch your normal refined salt for Celtic sea salt.
That’s because Celtic sea salt is enriched with minerals and helps to reduce excess body fat and also helps to keep you hydrated.
In this case you’re going to use it for a detox bath.
How to use it
- Get a tub of warm water and add 2 cups of sea salt
- Make sure to mix thoroughly until the salt is dissolved.
- Then you will add 5 to 8 drops of any essential oil (it can be peppermint, tea tree or lemon oil)
- Next you’re going to soak your body for about 20 to 30 minutes and relax.
- Do this 2-3 times a week for best results.
7. Apple cider vinegar for reducing hip fat
This helps to melt excess fat and prevent the build up of body fat. apple cider vinegar contains powerful minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium, which also helps to get rid of toxins and prevent water retention.
- Get 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix the ingredients and then gently massage it on your hips and thighs for 15 minutes.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then you’re going to rinse it off with warm water
- Do it is 2 times a week for maximum results
- Mix 2 tablespoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of honey and a glass of water.
- Drink it daily, preferably in the morning before having your breakfast so it can speed up your metabolism throughout the day.
8. Drink up your water regularly
Somehow water is underestimated as weight loss agent. But you will not get good results if you’re not drinking water regularly throughout the day.
It helps to cleanse your liver and converts fat into energy and keeps your metabolism running high.
Not to mention that it helps to maintain your physical performance and help the body to get rid of harmful toxins.
Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water daily is ideal. If you want to get things a bit tangy, you can add fresh lemons in order to boost the metabolic factor.
If you can’t drink that amount of water daily, to make up for it you can eat foods that have high water content, such as leafy green vegetables, cucumbers and melons.
But make sure that you stay away from excess alcohol and coffee as it can hydrate your body.
9. Do a some yoga
If you want to supercharge the rate of losing hip fat, you can add yoga to your to-do list weekly.
When you do yoga, it helps to reduce fat and tone muscles in your hips and thighs, it increases your strength and flexibility and also calms your mind.
10. Drink green tea instead of regular tea
In addition to apple cider vinegar, green tea has a range of antioxidant that will help to boost your metabolism and aids in losing weight.
Replace your regular tea with organic green tea. Change to drinking 3 to 4 cups of green tea a day. This will definitely help you to lose hip faster.
11. Start your morning with lemon water
By now you should know that lemon water is one of the best detox drinks for weight loss.
It helps your body to get the nutrients required to burn fat for energy and also helps to suppress weight gain.
It’s very rich in vitamin C and other powerful antioxidants and it does a great job at removing toxins from the body that slows down your metabolism.
Make sure that you continue to drink lemon water even after you lose hip fat.
How to make it
- Squeeze the juice out of 1 lemon into a glass of lukewarm water
- Optionally – you can add a little raw honey and also a little black pepper to boost the fat burning effect and suppress fat build up.
- Drink it once daily.
It’s important to note that it’s best to use fresh lemon juice rather than the bottled version.
12. Make sure you get proper sleep
You can do everything else all right but if you’re not getting enough relaxation and sleep, you will not get good results.
In fact, if you’re not getting good sleep it can affect your hunger and metabolic rate.
When you deprive yourself of sleep it encourages late night snacking, which will make you crave for comfort foods that will just make you gain a lot of fat.
Many studies have shown that the lack of sleep can compromise your weight-loss efforts.
So get at least 6 to 8 hours sleep daily and try to stick to a schedule so that you go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
13. Make sure you’re eating right
If you go on a healthy low calorie diet it will help you reach your goal of losing excess hip fat.
You have to focus on adding fresh fruits, whole grains and vegetables in your diet rather than eating empty calories from junk food.
It’s your turn
After reading this post you should have at least a couple ideas on how to lose hip fat over the coming weeks.
You don’t necessarily have to use all of the remedies, you can just pick the one that you are most comfortable with and use it.
Make sure that you’re consistent with whichever method you pick and that you are regularly exercising and eating properly.
Now go ahead and start taking action!