Get yourself ready as your thighs are about to feel the burn!
And it only takes 6 minutes.
The 6-minute slim thigh workout has all the elements you need to burn the highest amount of calories within the shortest time.
This routine will target those hard-to-reach thigh muscles (yes, we're talking about the inner and outer thighs).
You won't need any equipment, just get yourself a stopwatch and get ready to torch some calories.
The 6 minute slim thigh workout overview
In this routine you'll be doing four different lower body workouts that hit the inner and outer thighs.
It's a combination of targeted thigh workouts and cardio. Try to keep your rest no longer than 10 to 15 seconds.
This will help to keep up the intensity, so you can maximize your calorie burn in 6 minutes.
You'll be given a workout chart below that shows you the amount of sets and time assigned for each.
So let's get started!
1. Lying Down Hot Potato
It has a funny name but it won't be that funny when you start doing the workouts.😉
You're going to feel the burn in those thigh muscles, which is good.
Even your hip region is going to benefit from this move.
How to do it
- Start by laying down on your right side with your left hand on your left hip.
- Your left foot should be straightened out and your right foot barely touching the ground.
- Now you're going to slowly raise your left leg over your right leg in front of it to touch the ground.
- Repeat the movement between position A and position B for the specified time frame.
2. Hot Potato
This movement is very similar to the Lying Down Hot Potato except your body will be raised off the ground.
More of your body will be engaged with the move, therefore, you're going to burn more calories.
How to do it
- Start on your right side with your right knee and hand supporting your upper body.
- Your left leg should be behind your body and left hand straight upwards.
- Now you're going to bring your left leg slowly in front of you as far as possible.
- Repeat the movement between A and B for the specified timeframe on the chart below.
3. High knee runners
This workout is popular among athletes because it's a very powerful calorie burner.
Anytime you want to get your metabolism revved up, this is one of the best workouts to do.
Another reason why this exercise works so well is because majority of the joints in your body will be active throughout the move.
Plus, it's quite simple to do.
How to do it
- Start in a running motion, make sure your palms are straight as if you're cutting through air.
- Also keep your knees high throughout the movement.
4. Curtsy-to-knee Lift
Another total body move that's going to work those thigh muscles.
When you're performing this exercise make sure to keep your balance as steady as possible.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart with both hands clasped together in front of your chest.
- Now you're going to do a reverse lunge while twisting your right leg behind your left leg.
- Slowly raise your body upwards into position B pause for one second then slowly return to position A.
- Repeat the move between position A and B as specified on the chart.
See the ROUTINE in action
To get a better visual you can see how the moves are performed in the video below.
THE 6 MINUTE INNER & OUTER THIGH FAT WORKOUT CHART
Adding another workout for maximum burn
If you have more time and want to add another routine, here are some great combos.
- The 5 minute full body HIIT circuit
- The 5 Minute full body fat attack using kettlebell
- The 6 minute total body workout
Your diet dictates your results
This is a big one, because it's the biggest progress killer.
If you plan to stick to a workout schedule and give it your 100% then you have to fix your diet, so that your efforts aren't wasted.
Because for you to lose body fat in general, you have to enter a calorie deficit.
Here is a simple full week meal plan that you can use as a guideline.
If you're a vegan, here's a 7 day meal plan you can use also.
Give this 6 minute thigh workout a try!
All you need is a few minutes 3 times a week to do this workout.
And it gets even better when you add other short workouts to it to maximize the intensity and calorie burn.
Go ahead and give it a try!
You're definitely going to shape up those things, if you stay consistent and eat to support that fat burn.🔥