Last Updated on September 8, 2019 by Femniqe
Let’s be honest.
Sometimes it’s annoying going down on the floor to do ab workouts.
Especially, when it’s not convenient.
But you don’t have to hit the floor all the time.
There are some powerful standing ab exercises that can give you amazing results.
You just need the right combinations of workouts that will supercharge fat loss.
This 6 minute standing abs workout will help you do exactly that.
The standing abs workout overview
This circuit has 4 workouts that will help you to torch belly fat and love handles.
You won’t need any equipment as you will be using your bodyweight.
These workouts are quite fun to do and will definitely take you out of your comfort zone. Just make sure that you have a stopwatch as these are timed workouts.
Also a chart will be given below showing how many sets you should do.
Let’s get right into it!🏁
1. JUMP OBLIQUE TWISTS
An awesome oblique and cardio workout.
It’s very easy to do.
That being said, make sure to contract your abs during every twist.
Your abdominal region should be on fire when you complete this set.
How to do it
- Stand with both feet close together and hold both hands together parallel to the ground.
- You’re going to jump to either left or right creating a twist motion for every turn.
- During the jump twist motion your abs should be contracted.
- Do as many reps during the specified time frame on the chart below.
2. Knee Chops
It really does work your upper and lower abdominal area.
And burn a ton of calories at the same time.
You should do 2 sets of this workout, each 30 seconds.
So you’re going to do 30 seconds for the right then 30 seconds for the left.
If you want to increase the calorie burn you can add a 10-pound dumbbell for extra resistance.
How to do it
- You can either start with left or right knee.
- Make sure that your hands are locked together in the air and ready to meet your knee cap halfway down.
- Your abs should be contracted during motion.
- Perform as many reps during each 30 seconds with a good form.
3. Cross toe touches
An absolute oblique killer!
It might look easy but with proper form you should feel it in your obliques.
When performing this exercise do it alternately.
After you touch your right toe, you will touch the left and repeat.
How to do it
- Get into the wide stance position with both arms stretched parallel to the ground.
- Your back should be straight and perpendicular to the ground.
- Slowly lower your body while twisting your left hand to the right side and your right hand touches your left toe.
- Return to position A, then do the same with your left hand touching your right toe.
4. TORSO TWIST PUNCHES
Ever heard about shadow boxing?
It’s very similar.
The main difference is that you’ll be engaging your core mostly and tighten it during motion.
You will be burning a lot of calories and torching those love handles.
How to do it
- Get into a firm wide stance, holding both fists up to your shoulders, ready to punch.
- Start by punching to the right, twisting your core and then punch to the left.
- Try to do it as fast as possible but maintaining that contraction in your abs.
THE 6 MINUTE STANDING AB EXERCISE CHART
The big benefit of doing standing ab workout
Some persons have back injury.
Therefore, they find it difficult to get into crunch-like positions.
Standing ab workout is quite easy on your back, so you won’t feel that much pressure.
That being said, if you have a history of back or spinal injury, make sure that you consult with your doctor first before performing any type of workouts.
That is extremely important.
One other bonus benefit is that sometimes the floor is dirty.😉
So for germaphobes, this standing abs workout is perfect for you.
Try these standing abs exercises!
The 6-minute workout will definitely help anyone who doesn’t want to hit the floor.
You will burn a lot of fat, sculpt your dream flat stomach and sexy waistline.
That will only happen if you eat correctly.
So if you want a fat burning weight loss meal plan to follow you can start doing this 7-Day meal plan.
Combine that meal plan with this workout.
Do it consistently and you will see amazing results!👍