Last Updated on January 20, 2023 by Femniqe
Looking for a quick glute boosting workout? This one is going to set your glutes on fire!
In a good way of course.
You won’t need any equipment but if you have any ankle weights you can use them for this workout to challenge the glutes even more!
But again it is not needed for you to reap the benefits of the workout.
By the time you finish this workout routine you’re going to feel that glute pump.
The Glute Boost Workout Overview
This glute building sequence only has 3 exercises all geared towards targeting all the gluteal muscles.
A big mistake many people make is adding too many random exercises to their routine that has no direct effect on the glutes.
If your goal is to grow bigger and rounder glutes then you need to focus on glute isolating workouts.
Not a lot, just a few of the best ones to activate and stimulate growth.
Those will give the best results for your efforts.
Now, one thing you must bear in mind is proper form. Without it you’ll be wasting your precious time. When you’re performing any of the exercises below make sure that you squeeze the glutes on every single rep.
You MUST make that mind-to-glute connection if you really want those booty gains.
This is SUPER important.
Practice how to make that mind-to-muscle connection.
For example, while you are sitting or standing squeeze your glutes as hard as possible for about 2-3 seconds and release.
Do it again.
And again until you master connecting with your glueal muscles.
This one habit will maximize your results 10x faster.
Without further chit chat let’s dive into the exercises.
1. Bridge Booty March
If you’ve ever done any of our glutes workouts you probably came across this exercise.
It does a fantastic job at hitting the glutes and keeping them under constant tension.
Which is VERY important for glute growth.
Note: If you have ankle weights add it to this exercise.
How To Do It
- Get into starting position A as shown in the image above, lying on your back with your glutes hovering a few inches off the ground.
- Now you’re going to raise your right bend leg towards your chest as shown in position B, hold that position for 1 second then return to position A.
- This time you will do the same thing but for the right leg, raising it towards to your chest, then return to the starting position A.
- Alternate for each leg.
2. Plank-Switch + Leg Extender
You’re probably wondering why plank is included.
Well, it’s a plank variation that keeps the glutes under constant tension throughout the movement.
Plus, you’ll be able to work your entire core also.
While you’re performing this exercise make sure to also keep your core tightened throughout the movement.
Doing this will help to tone-up your waistline.
How To Do It
- Get into the plank position as show in the image above, with your upper body supported by your elbows, and left leg extended above parallel to the ground, that’s your starting position.
- You’re going to slowly switch the support of your upper body by moving from your elbows to your hands flat on the ground, while keeping the leg extended above parallel to the ground.
- Hold that position for a second then move back into the starting position and repeat.
3. Standing Toe Tap
With this glute boosting exercise, going at a slow and controlled pace will give the best results.
Especially, if you don’t have any ankle weights.
The slower you go, the more tension your glutes will experience.
Now you don’t have to go extremely slow, just slow enough to really feel the engagement in the glutes.
On the other hand, if you have ankle weights start with the smallest weight in the set, and slowly work your way up to the heavier ones.
This will force your glutes to get stronger.
And when they get stronger they will inevitably grow bigger.
How To Do It
- Get into position A as demonstrated in image above with your body supported by the left foot flat on the ground, and right foot toe touching the ground, that will be your starting position.
- Slowly lift your right leg backwards as high as possible until you can squeeze the glutes at the peak of the movement for about 1-2 seconds.
- Now slowly lower the right leg back to the starting point with your toe touching the ground.
- Repeat the required reps on each leg.
THE SETS AND REPS FOR EACH EXERCISE
Bridge Booty March: Do 3 Sets For 60 Seconds
Plank-Switch + Leg Extender: Do 3 Sets On Leg For 50 Seconds
Standing Toe Tap: Do 3 Sets Of 15 Slow Reps On Each Leg
See ALL The Exercises Demonstrated Below:
How To Use This Glute Boosting Routine
This glute workout was made for those who don’t have a lot of time in the mornings and want a quick glute pump before work or school.
That being said, if you have more time try to do this routine 2 times for maximum results.
Train the glutes 3 times a week, not back-to-back days.
Don’t overwork the glutes, rest them every other day.
Overtraining your glutes will result in them getting smaller. For growth to occur it needs rest days.
How To Keep Challenging The Glutes For More Gains
Doing the routine after a while can become pretty boring for your body.
That’s why you need to add certain elements to your training to keep those glutes getting stronger and bigger.
And the easiest way to do that?
Invest in some ankle weights, it’s worth every penny.
Adding them to this routine will absolutely result in booty gains if you train consistently.
There are tons of them available but if you want to save some time, you can get the best rated one on amazon here.
Combining This Workout With Other Routines
This is another way to keep your training interesting.
Doing the same routine every single will get boring after a while.
It happens to everyone.
That’s why you must add variety to your workouts.
For this particular routine, here are some others you can interchange it with:
- The 10 Minute Home Glute Builder Routine
- The Booty Gains + Lean Thigh Routine
- The 11 Minute Gluteus Maximus Home Workout
Plus, you can always checkout our YouTube channel that has tons of glute-focused workout routines you can use.
Spicing things up in your training will help you remain consistent and of course reach your booty goals!