If your goal is to reduce your waistline then you need a simple plan you can execute immediately!
It's very easy to overthink, which leads to inaction. If you want to lose waist or belly fat you need two things:
- A diet that will put your body in automatic “fat burning mode” A.K.A. calorie deficit.
- A workout plan the increases your overall calorie burn which speeds up the process.
By the end of this guide, you will have an 11 minute workout routine and meal plan you can use to get started right away.
11 Minute Reduce Your Waistline Workout Overview
You'll be able to do this workout at home, so no need to worry about heading to the gym.😉
This routine combines five different workouts, all hitting your entire abdominal region.
You will be working the upper, core and lower region.
Another thing is that this smaller waist workout is very low impact.
So if you have knee issues or can't do any explosive movements, this will do just fine for you. After completing each set, keep rest times between 20 to 30 seconds.
That being said, if after completing a set and you don't need any rest, then move on to the next set.
It's just a 11 minute workout, so give it every single drop of energy you have left.
Remember, the goal is to burn as much calories as possible!
As always, you'll be given a workout chart below that shows the amount of sets and reps with each move.
Okay, let's go ahead and break down each exercise.
1. Wall Leaning Side Crunch
Kicking off the routine is a oblique-focused move that will help to tone and shape up your waistline. It's very beginner friendly but packs a lot of intensity when done properly.
One thing I should point out, when performing this exercise, DO NOT use a dumbbell over 5 pounds.
In fact, you don't need a dumbbell for this exercise.
But if you do, don't use a dumbbell that's too heavy.
Remember, the goal is to develop a small and toned waistline not a “bulky” one.
If you use too much weight in your ab training, you'll find that your obliques become thicker, hence widening your waistline.
How to do it
- Get into position A leaning sideways to the wall using left hand as support, standing on your left foot and right foot hovering above the ground.
- Your right hand should be holding the dumbbell over your head.
- Now slowly raise your right knee upwards touching the right elbow, performing a side crunch as demonstrated in position B.
- Hold that position for one second then slowly return to position A and repeat the required amount of reps for that set.
Your midsection won't be the only thing benefiting from this move.
But also your lower body from glutes to quads.
By working the largest muscle groups in your body that increases your overall calorie burn.
How to do it
- Get into the reverse lunge position as shown in position A, kneeling on your left knee and hands behind your head.
- Now slowly raise your body upwards performing forward knee kick with your left leg while twisting your upper body to the left.
- After holding that position for one second return to the starting point and repeat.
3. Starfish Lifts
The goal of this exercise is to tone and strengthen your upper and lower abdominal muscles.
Note: Your back doesn't have to completely lift off the ground. Just make sure your shoulder lift off the ground.
How to do it
- Lie down on your back widening your legs and hands mimicking the starfish position.
- Now lift your left leg towards your chest while your right hand touches your left foot.
- Return to the starting position then do the other side.
4. Pile Squat Punches
Very fun to do and will definitely work and shape up your waistline.
When performing this exercise make sure to tighten your core as this will intensify the move.
Another thing, the faster you perform this move, the more calories you burn.
How to do it
- Get into position A, with a wide squat position and fist held up to your chest.
- Make sure to contract your entire core but still breathing.
- Now perform lateral punch to the left side then to the right, as fast as possible.
- Keep performing the exercise for the recommended time on the chart below.
5. Forward Kick Punches
You'll be finishing this routine with another high-intensity move to help drain every bit of energy you have left.
This will help to shape up your lower abdominal and tone your obliques.
Note: Make sure to watch the video below for a demonstration of every single move in this routine.
How to do it
- Get into position A, with your left leg slightly bent, right foot far behind and fists face up to your chest.
- Perform a kick with your right leg while punching with your left hand as demonstrated in position B.
- Return to position A and repeat the required amount of reps for that side.
THE 11 MINUTE REDUCE YOUR WAIST SIZE WORKOUT CHART
See ALL The Exercises Demonstrated Below
Reducing Your Waist Size With The Right Diet
Look, the simpler it is the better!
You don't need any secret sauce or special supplement to help you burn body fat.
In fact, there's no secret.
The only things that work are the 2 things that were mentioned earlier.
A consistent workout plan backed up by a calorie deficit meal plan. All you need is a simple meal plan that will help you stay in a reasonable calorie deficit.
That's why we created this 7-Day meal plan you can use.
Change it up based on your preferences.
However, bear in mind that you should always prioritize protein in every meal.
This will keep you fuller for a longer time frame.
Now Start Shrinking Your Waistline!
If you perform a workout at least 3 to 4 times a week and remain in a calorie deficit, you WILL drop waist and belly fat.
The key here is consistency.
Nothing worthwhile happens overnight.
But when you stay consistent it eventually happens faster than you think.