Having a knee injury or lower body issue while trying to do some explosive HIIT/Cardio can be very painful.
This 10 minutes low-impact workout routine will help you burn calories if you can't do the typical explosive routines.
They're definitely workouts that you can do that would increase your metabolic activity, so that you can shred body fat.
THE 10 MINUTES LOW-IMPACT CARDIO WORKOUT OVERVIEW
You'll be doing three separate workouts, all full body moves.
Even though these movements are low impact they still involve multiple joints throughout the movement, thus maximizing calorie burn.
Without putting too much stress on your knees.
You won't need any equipment.
All that is needed is a stopwatch, which you can easily access from your smartphone.
The amount of sets and time assigned for each is on the chart below.
So without further ado, let's go ahead and break down these workouts.
1. STATIONARY RUN
As the name suggests you'll be performing a running movement in a stationary position.
This is perfect for the increasing calorie burn as you will be engaging several muscles throughout the movement.
How to do it
- Get into the starting position A in the image above.
- You can either start with your left or right feet performing a running movement as shown in position B.
- Repeat the movement for the specified time frame as shown on the chart below for each leg.
Another low-impact cardio that you can easily do without stressing your knees.
This workout will help target your upper and lower body quite effectively in a soothing manner.
How to do it
- Start with a wide stance as shown in position A.
- Now you will slowly move your body to the right as shown in position B.
- Then slowly move your body into position C while maintaining that wide stance.
- Repeat the movement for the specified time frame.
3. CALF SOFT PUMPS
You'll be surprised how a calf workout can engage your whole body at the same time.
Don't worry, you're not going to develop bulky calves with this move as it just involves your bodyweight.
How to do it
- Get into position as shown in the image above with a wide stance and arms parallel to the ground.
- Now you're going to slowly push yourself upwards as if you're about to jump while maintaining contact with the ground.
- Return to starting position A and repeat the movement.
10 MINUTES LOW-IMPACT CARDIO CHART
GETTING THE MOST OF THIS WORKOUT
Most times when people are doing low-impact cardio workouts the goal is to lose weight.
So you want to try to get as much calorie burn as possible within a session.
If you have more time, then do the whole routine again so you will end up doing a total of 20 minutes.
Do this routine three to four times a week.
SUPPORTING YOUR TRAINING WITH A CALORIE DEFICIT
You might have heard this over and over, but it's for a good reason.
You cannot burn body fat without entering a calorie deficit.
Eating less calories while burning more daily is the path to losing body fat.
So that makes your life much easier, here's a full week meal plan that you can follow or use as a guide.
With this meal plan you won't be hungry all the time as it's designed with wholesome foods that will keep you satiated throughout the day.
TRY THIS PAINLESS LOW-IMPACT CARDIO WORKOUT!
Just give this your best effort and you will definitely see some changes in your body.
You don't necessarily have to do explosive workouts to lose weight. In fact, that doesn't matter if your diet isn't in check.
So make sure to prioritize your diet and stick to the workout plan.
If you can do that with consistency and discipline you will definitely shed stubborn body fat! 👍