Work smart, not hard.
A big misconception is that you have to “bust your butt” for 1 hour to get a good workout.
That's not true!
If you switch out those long drawn-out sets for intensity, you'll get WAY better results.
Especially, if you need an at-home workout to help you lose weight.
You need to keep it short and intense.
Something that will take you out of your comfort zone. That's the goal of this full body fat burner 11 minute workout.
Whether you want to lose belly, thigh, back or arm fat, this total body burner will definitely help.
The At-Home Workout To Lose Weight Overview
As with most of our routines this has five separate workouts to help increase your overall calorie burn.
You won't need any equipment or accessory.
Keep rest times between 20 to 30 seconds, if you want to maximize the full 11 minutes. Make sure to use the timer on your phone to help track your rest times.
This easily helps you to maintain a good level of intensity throughout the session.
Okay, let's break down each exercise.
1. Plank V-Ups
Starting off the routine is a semi-core activator to help loosen up your abdominal muscles.
Always activate your core muscles before getting deep into your workout.
It's a plank variation that will also engage in your upper body, toning your arms, shoulders and back.
How to do it
- Get into plank position A as shown in the image above, hands flat on the ground and lower body supported by extended legs on toes.
- Make sure to tighten your core but still breathing.
- Slowly moving to position B while exhaling every bit of air out of your stomach.
- After 1-3 seconds return to position A and repeat the required amount of reps for that set.
2. Plank Crosses
Another plank variation that will use-up multiple joints throughout the movement.
The goal of this exercise is to shred your waistline and tighten it up. The stronger your obliques are, the more tightened your waistline becomes.
How to do it
- Get into the plank position as shown in the image above.
- Now use your right leg to kick under your body to the left while also twisting your body to the left, raising your left hand upwards as shown in position B.
- Return to position A and repeat.
3. Mountain Climbers
Whether you like it or not, mountain climbers is one of the best workouts to quickly boost your metabolism.
Your whole core will be the engine of this movement.
Make sure to keep it tightened throughout the exercise and go as fast as you can.
How to do it
- Get into a lunge stretch as shown in position A.
- Now do an explosive jump switching both legs into position C while keeping hands flat on the ground.
- Repeat for the required amount of reps and sets as shown on the chart below.
Note: If you want to get a better visual make sure to watch the video below as it demonstrate every single exercise.
4. Modified Jump Lunges
For this exercise you can use the edge of your bed, sofa or chair to help keep your body in position.
This exercise will engage most of the biggest muscles in your body, hence revving up your metabolism.
In other words, it's a calorie burner!
How to do it
- Get into lunge position A as demonstrated in the image above holding on to a sturdy object.
- Now do an explosive jump upwards switching both legs into position C.
- Repeat alternately performing the required amount of reps and sets.
Note: Try to go as fast as you can when performing this move.
5. Ninja Kicks
Completing the routine is a exercise that is very fun to do. 😉
As the name suggests you will be mimicking a Ninja Kick. You'll be engaging your lower body and core to help stabilize the movement.
For this exercise try not to go too fast as you want to maintain good stability and form.
How to do it
- Move into the reverse lunge position as the image demonstrates above, on your right knee.
- Now raise your left leg sideways performing a kick above parallel as shown in the image.
- Return to the starting lunge position and repeat.
THE 10 MINUTE AT-HOME WEIGHT LOSS WORKOUT CHART
See ALL The Workouts Demonstrated Below
How To Use This At-Home Routine To Lose Weight
Ideally it's recommended to workout 3 to 4 times a week. However, in this case you can even go up to 5 times per week.
Just pick a workout frequency that fits your lifestyle and stick to it.
Now before you run off and begin doing this routine, remember this. It will never work unless unless you back it up with the right nutrition.
If your goal is to lose weight then you have to be in a calorie deficit to help drop the excess body fat.
The workout routine is there to “speed up” the process by increasing your calorie burn.
You can combine it with other routines.
Doing the same routine after a while can become boring that's why it's good to add slight variations to keep it interesting.
Here are some other routines you can use when you want to change things up a bit.
- The 5 minute full body HIIT fat burner
- The At-Home cardio fat melting routine
- 11 minute will reduce your waist size workout
Now go ahead and start this routine but make sure to stay consistent.
Consistency is THE key for getting results!