Last Updated on October 3, 2018 by Femniqe Editorial
With just 10 minutes, you can hit every major area.
You know, the major ones like abs, butt, thighs and upper body. Doing a total body workout routine like this will save you time, maximize calorie burn and build those glutes.
Plus, you can do it anywhere.
Total body workout overview
This routine was designed to be simple and low-impact.
So, if you don’t like doing high intensity workouts, this will be a good replacement which will still provide a good level of intensity.
While at the same time building muscles in the right places like your glutes.
For this routine you will be doing 4 different exercises.
Two will be lower body based and the others will target your upper body. If you have any dumbbells lying around the house you can include them in this workout but they are NOT needed.
As usual, you will be given a workout chart below showing the amount of reps and sets for each workout. Lastly, make sure that you have a stopwatch to help time your rest times.
Try to keep your rest times between 20 to 30 seconds.
This will help to keep up your intensity and give you the most out of this workout.
Okay, let’s go ahead and dive into each exercise.
1. Low Leg Switches
If you have been struggling with toning up your lower abdominal region workout, this move will do the job.
It’s a very low-impact workout but don’t be fooled.
Your lower and upper abdominal region will be on fire throughout this exercise.
How to do it
- Lie down on your back as shown in the image above with both legs slightly bent in the cycling position.
- You’re going to slowly perform the cycling motion with both legs while keeping your core tightened.
- Do the required amount of reps and sets for this exercise.
2. Back And Forth Knee Push-Up
If you only needed one exercise to work your upper body push-ups will always be the winner.
It engages every muscle in your upper body and even your midsection, working the core.
How to do it
- Get into the table top position as shown in position A, on your knees with both hands flat on the ground.
- Slowly lower body into position B, hold that for 1 to 2 seconds.
- After the hold push your upper body back up into position A and repeat the required amount of reps for this exercise.
3. Knee-Up Kicks
If you want to include dumbbells, this is the workout you should use it with.
The extra resistance will help to challenge your lower body a lot more and give you better results.
How to do it
- Get into the kneeling position as demonstrated in the image above holding both dumb bells on each side of your hips.
- Now you’re going to slowly use the right leg to get up, performing a high knee kick with the left leg.
- Slowly return to the starting position and do it for the right leg. Alternate between each leg when performing this exercise.
NOTE: The workout video further below will demonstrate every exercise in this routine. You can get a better visual of how to perform the moves.
4. Front Side Lunges
This last lower body exercise will also help to target the major muscles like your quads and glutes.
When you’re performing this exercise make sure that you’re going at a controlled pace.
The slower you go the more you’ll feel it and get much better results.
How to do it
- You’re going to stand shoulder-width apart getting ready to perform a side lunge in the left direction as demonstrated in the image above.
- Return to the starting position, lift your left leg side ways as high as possible then lower it back down, now swing it to the front, then back down.
- That completes one rep. Don’t forget to check out the video below so you can see how to perform this exercise and watch clearly.
THE TOTAL BODY WORKOUT CHART
See ALL The Exercises Demonstrated Below:
How To Use This Total Body Workout
If you are able to consistently do this workout at least 3 to 4 times a week you’ll be able to transform and sculpt your entire body.
But that will only happen if you combine it with the proper meal plan to help support fat burn and build muscles in the right places such as your glutes.
You can also combine it with other full body workouts like the following:
- The 8 minute total body fat burner
- The 6 minute total body fat incinerator
- And the 9 minute full body workout routine
Now go ahead and give this routine a try. You have nothing to lose except excess fat! 🙂